• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you hate it when...

11 posts in this topic

You buy a new coin, try to add it to your registry set only to find out that its in someone else's set and they take their time letting it go or never do!! I think that NGC will add it automatically tomorrow. Coin in question is below.

1zbcva1.jpg

116l16w.jpg

I've been fortunate, as it has only happened to me once. It was back in the old days of eBay (c. 2004-2005), when you could get all the sellers info, including phone #, etc. I ended up calling the person and they were nice about it and removed it in a day or two. I've since sold the coin-----it was a real POS-----the surface looked like brushed stainless steel. lol I can certainly see how that would very irritating, though.

Erwin that's a nice quarter. And you're right, as long as they don't dispute it, the coin will eventually be added.

Yes. If the other party doesn't respond, it will be transferred to your set in a week.

I have only had this happen a couple of times, and in each instance NGC resolved it in 24 hours. I thought there was a rule that if the other party did not respond in a short time that the piece went into your set.

I have been on the other side where I received an email requesting me to release a coin from my registry, but I still owned the coin. :o It actually scared the out of me because the last time I could remember seeing the coin was several months earlier in my safe deposit box. It was a 35K coin and I didn't sleep very well until I got to my SDB and confirmed it was still in there. The other collector swore he had possession of the coin, but as it turned out it was in the mail to him and the dealer had given him the wrong cert number.

I just added a CBH that I have owned since Jan. 2010 to my registry. I had to wait a day for it to be released from another registry. lol

I just added a CBH that I have owned since Jan. 2010 to my registry. I had to wait a day for it to be released from another registry. lol

This is actually a really sad comment on some people today. I just added a coin this week that was in the same boat. However after looking at the set it came from I am left wondering if the owner of that set actually owns the coins in the set. And this is a number 1 ranking set. I was confused because I knew the name of the person I bought it from and that does't match the registry set it came from. I then started to do dome cert searches and found a couple of other coins that seem suspect.

I just think it's quite unfortunate that some folks have to cheat to bolster their poor self confidence.

Erwin that's a nice quarter. And you're right, as long as they don't dispute it, the coin will eventually be added.

Thanks! NGC thought it was MS67. I really like target toning, plus it will really help my set out. Still not been added to my set after several days and a few attempts to "reinsert" it in the slot. Ill call NGC on Monday and see what's the problem.

That happens a lot, not just here, but ATS as well.

Erwindoc...mighty nice Washington.

Buy your Barbers looking like that &

you'll be all set.