• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a photo of the Ugliest Coin you own or can find

20 posts in this topic

And here's a real bruiser from eBay:

igfckp.jpg

This is actually graded MS 67 FT by NGC. It was graded a while ago and reslabbed. The cert number is older, beginning with six digits

I hate to say it but I rather like this piece.

yeah? the seller has a pretty good price on it: $88

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-D-Full-Torch-Silver-Dime-NGC-MS67FT-Roosevelt-Multi-Color-041-Uncirculated-/251517748122?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3a8fa0439a

NGC's price is $275

...i'm not the seller by the way

yeah? the seller has a pretty good price on it: $88

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-D-Full-Torch-Silver-Dime-NGC-MS67FT-Roosevelt-Multi-Color-041-Uncirculated-/251517748122?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3a8fa0439a

NGC's price is $275

...i'm not the seller by the way

Good price for sure but Roosies have never been my thing.

This problem-free PCGS MS 64 1916-S that sold for 2365 is very nearly environmentally damaged IMHO. :eek: Though I am firmly against dipping (in MOST cases)----this one would be a good candidate for a dip.

lf85_zpsdb9f483c.jpg

lf86_zpsc298e746.jpg

Definitely my fugliest coin. When I bought it, it did have a light spot at the forehead, but it has slowly deteriorated over the years. My guess is it had some type of impurities in the planchet..........

1864CN_zps082a82ee.jpg

The worst piece in my collection by a WIDE margin. This is a Merrimack token, circa 1905. It was made from iron that was recovered from the ship. I'd love to find a better one, but have not see one offered in years.

MerromacO.jpgMerrimackR.jpg

Wow that one's like a nightmare (sorry). Is it haunted?

The piece is made of iron from the plating that was on the CSS Virginia (Merrimac), and it was not kept away from moisture. I did acquire it from a collector who was terminally ill, and looking to sell his collection.