• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My only Morgan what do ya think

11 posts in this topic

It really looks like a luster bomb from the video. As to the toning, I'm not sure what I think. The color progression, if the images are "true to life," looks unusual to me (I am not a Morganologist). Regardless of what a TPG may conclude, I think it is a very attractive coin with few marks and tons of cartwheel.

I post this not to be tough, but you asked for honest opinions. The toning does not look original to me and the video makes the surfaces look weird and whizzed. I do not think this coin would receive a problem free grade.

I dug up some old pics I took. When I sent it off for photographs I grabbed the coins I needed and headed to the PO. I should have it back this week. I will have to see the coin again to let you know which toning pics are closest.

As for whizzing or cleaning I know that is not the case.

1883-0morgan_zps3a0ad8a0.jpg

1883-0morganrev_zpsd234583b.jpg

How accurate is the video? Maybe it's just me, but the surfaces look off in the video. I hope I am wrong.

Kitchen table 3 lights from the ceiling fan lol

Whizzed coins is one I learned right out of the gate. The hard way.

I am planning on renewing my NGC membership and have only picked 3 coins to submit. Maybe this one will make the list really not sure yet. If I do I will update the thread.

i like it and for me it has me stumped

i dont know if it is NBNT, NT, MA, AT or some of both?

BUT I DO LIKE IT AND LEAN TOWARDS a little NT with a little help hm???

i wish i could see it in hand sight seen then i bet it would tell me more so i could give a better opinion

I saw it suggested elsewhere that the toning might have been the result of the coin having lived for a while in a PCI holder. It looks like an early version of the "targetoid" toning seen from that kind of exposure. The tpg's tend to not look on it favorably, but what the heck I still think it's attractive.