• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's horrible having OCD, especially with coins posted by Skeester

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I just need one more to tie...

I have been VERY slowly concentrating on one proof set in the registry...the 1971. I have made a few purchases throughout the years, some of which got me a very verbal tongue lashing (but it was worth it!). More than 5 years ago, I did see the coin that my collection has been lacking, the 1971 PF 69 Ultra Cam Lincoln cent, and it was with Heritage auction, and bidding was @ $600. I knew from experience from my other purchases, that this one may make me a bachelor. You know that song "I'm gonna miss her" by Brad Paisley? ...only I didn't go fishing, and I didn't buy the coin. I've been doing some sporadic searching every then and now, and see the coin is commanding a little more than $600 now, especially if it is PCGS.

So, with a heavy heart, but hope still lingers, that I may actually come into a tidy sum in said amount, and as my prayers may have it, one come up for sale or trade in around said amount. Like I said...hope still lingers.

Thank you for reading. Happy Easter to all who believe!

See more journals by Skeester

Hi Skeester,

Please consider that if for the last 5 years you were OC about saving just $10/mth the coin would be yours with no drama.

Happy Easter ,

Rich

I know the feeling..........where does it ever end?? It never seems to. I promised myself that I would cool it with the Walkers. I have slowed my roll but I am still buying coins (just less expensive ones, now, which may be WORSE, because now I am making MORE purchases, which only serves to further reinforce my OCD! lol ). I wish you luck---Keep the faith, my friend.

I knew that there was a reason that I'm still single! :roflmao: Not single just not married. I have her trained, as she DOES NOT question me concerning the Walkers, as long as the other bills are paid first. ;)

But seriously, FIVE YEARS is a loooonng while to go without a coin----you have the patience of a SAINT. I couldn't even IMAGINE waiting that long!! ;) Personally, I think that you owe it to yourself. JMHO.

Happy Easter -- Of Course!!

I could save you from being a bachelor :grin:

Of course life wouldn't be the same without the other partner in your life no matter what you decide to collect!! lol

I have a SWEET!! 1971 PF69* rdCameo which is so ultra-shy of the Ultra Cameo. It has a few less points but the sweetness is in the coin!!

More Affordable!!! :)

Rick

This is probably a dumb question as this is not a series I know anything about, but what is the difference between this coin and the 1971 S penny in the hard plastic 1971 Proof Set my grandparents bought me when I was a kid? Since those hard plastic proof sets are worth about $5 today, I am guessing the high price has something to do with the grading companies just being real strict with Lincoln cents from proof sets?

This is probably a dumb question as this is not a series I know anything about, but what is the difference between this coin and the 1971 S penny in the hard plastic 1971 Proof Set my grandparents bought me when I was a kid? Since those hard plastic proof sets are worth about $5 today, I am guessing the high price has something to do with the grading companies just being real strict with Lincoln cents from proof sets?

The majority of these coins do not come with cameo contrasts and far fewer have enough frost to warrant an ultra cameo or deep cameo designation. When coupled with a very high grade, these are referred to as "condition rarities." Registry set collectors will often page huge sums to acquire these.

ULTRA CAMEO!!! :)

I didn't look at my raw proof sets but I would say 1975 and up are easy UC sets but prior to 1975 get tough to find Ultra Cameo coins.

Rick

to the original poster...I know this sounds cheesy or lame but your awareness of what really matters when It comes down to it is refreshing to see. Also, if you are diagnosed with OCD as well then thats just that much nice to see. A lot of people pass these things up, the important things, and they dont battle with ocd. your girlfriend should be happy