• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1983 no-S proof dime in OGP question

21 posts in this topic

Will the TPGs provide a grade for the 1983 no-S proof dime in the original government packaging or does it need to be submitted as a raw single?

I believe that you can submit the entire set and specify that the remainder of the coins be returned ungraded. You might want to double-check this by posing this question on "Ask NGC".

Personally, I would rather keep the entire set intact in the OGP.

Chris

I believe that you can submit the entire set and specify that the remainder of the coins be returned ungraded. You might want to double-check this by posing this question on "Ask NGC".

Personally, I would rather keep the entire set intact in the OGP.

Chris

Yes, I would prefer the set intact also, hence the question. Thank You

I don't understand - do you want the coin graded and a sticker applied to the packaging like NGC will do for GSA's?

you could submit the set in OGP and request that the dime alone will be graded.

NGC will crack it out, slab the dime, and return the mint packaging and the other coins to you ungraded

Are you sure they will return the other coins ungraded? It used to be that if you submitted a coin in a set all the coins in the set had to be graded as well.

Are you sure they will return the other coins ungraded? It used to be that if you submitted a coin in a set all the coins in the set had to be graded as well.

You were right. I knew I had read about it, but my memory $uck$!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6982790#Post6982790

Chris

I could crack it out myself. I want to know if the TPGs will grade it in the OGP without removing it. That is what I would like.

Thank You.

Not at this time. Who knows what they will do in the future. Used to be they cracked out everything, now they do GSA dollars, blue and brown Ikes, Redfields, and possibly a few more things still in the original holders. But not proof sets.

That would look sweet in a multi-holder with a "No S" dime included in the label.

I didn't think of that. I will submit in the next few days. I've got 3 of them. How does CAC deal with multi-coin holders?

I don't understand - do you want the coin graded and a sticker applied to the packaging like NGC will do for GSA's?
I believe that this is whats being asked however, I don't think there is anyway to affix the typical "band sticker" that exists for GSA Dollars and IKE Dollars. Coins would be covered up.

Additionally, since the GSA and IKE Dollars are single coins, wouldn't the entire set would have to receive a grade?

It seems lately that I've been wrong on a few subjects, but I thought NGC stopped using the multi-coin slab.

Chris

You may be right Chris. I don't see it on the services page.

That would look sweet in a multi-holder with a "No S" dime included in the label.

Neither of the top two services "officially" do the multi-coin holders anymore. I say "officially" because although both of them stopped a couple years ago or more I have seen more recent sets in PCGS multi-coin holders. And PCGS stopped the multi-coin holders years ago.