• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please keep my Father in your prayers, posted by MAILMAN

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Not much time left,

This past Monday my father suffered a stroke. His condition is gradually worsening so he has been moved to Hospice Care. He is just receiving pain medication for comfort and Tylenol for fever. Coin collecting has lost any importance in my life right now. My father is 78 and lived a wonderful life, my mother is 75 and I will be spending a lot more of my time and resources on her. Someday I may return to this great hobby of ours as my father would not want me to stop because of this. In closing I just want to remind everyone to tell the people in your lives how much you love them. Jerry

See more journals by MAILMAN

Not much time left, This past Monday my father suffered a stroke. His condition is gradually worsening so he has been moved to Hospice Care. He is just receiving pain medication for comfort and Tylenol for fever. Coin collecting has lost any importance in my life right now. My father is 78 and lived a wonderful life, my mother is 75 and I will be spending a lot more of my time and resources on her. Someday I may return to this great hobby of ours as my father would not want me to stop because of this. In closing I just want to remind everyone to tell the people in your lives how much you love them. Jerry

Amen, truth be told collecting interests pale in comparison to the lives of the people we love. My prayers are certainly with you and your family during this difficult time. Take your time and come back when you're ready. We only have so much time to spend with our loved ones and you are making the most of it. God's blessings.

Gary

Jerry,

So sorry to here of your fathers illness. My thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your family. Most of the things in our lives that consume us day to day and seem so important fade away when we are confronted by the loss of a loved one. I recently lost my younger brother and felt the same way you are feeling about your coin collecting. All I would say to you is that they provided solice to me and helped calm and rest my mind, if just for a short while.

That is my wish for you,

Take care,

Larry

In this rapid paced world that we live in, there is only one constant -- Family comes first.

Prayers are being said in my home for you and your family.

God Bless,

Semper Fi !

Jack

Jerry,

As I said in our email conversation, I wish you and your family the best of luck and that God may embrace your family in this time of need. Collecting is often a diversion for many of us, our simple way of escape. However, as everyone has said, family comes first.

Take the time you and your family need to deal with this. Coins will still be around when you are ready to come back.

God bless to you, your father and mother, and the rest of the family.

Michael

As with everyone else, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he was glad to have you with him at the end, and took great comfort in that.