• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This has nothing to do with coins... enjoy

38 posts in this topic

If it has "nothing to do with coins", why not be respectful of this, the US Coins forum and post it elsewhere?

And warning people about off topic threads in the thread titles does not make them any less off topic. Ditto to anyone who will say no one is forced to open or read such a thread.

If it has "nothing to do with coins", why not be respectful of this, the US Coins forum and post it elsewhere?

And warning people about off topic threads in the thread titles does not make them any less off topic. Ditto to anyone who will say no one is forced to open or read such a thread.

Dude.. jump off you white steed for a second.. god Mark.. give me a break. Hey.. hump the button if you feel better..

Kenneth has been an outstanding member of the forum and just made a quick post to share with his forum friends. Members do this from time to time and had he posted a pic of the passed on morgan no one would complain.

Chill out

No let's see this morgan you passed on

Mark.. report it...

Guys.. have several videos and pictures of this nice gal... PM if you want details on how to get on this ride... and if you want more pictures...

Kenneth,

Isn't the flight in a B-17 amazing? My Dad is a pilot and some of the benefits include him having other pilot friends that have access to some of these old "War birds"! While the B-17 is an excellent flight experience, I think the flight in a T-6 Texan fighter was a real thrill ride! I loved it! I'm glad you were able to have that experience and hope that you will be able to have more in the future.

Oh yea.. this is me..

223.jpg

Yea.. that was me... and this is the last coin I purchased... her sister wasn't bought so I could take this flight..

1883-CCGSAObverse_zpsb0784b8d.jpg

So.. now this IS a coin thread... Thanks for the assist from the folks from Heritage... ...

So it's ok to post anything on the US Coin forum?

Hang on. There is a dead cat in the road in front of my house.

I'll get some quick images and post them here.

Maybe I should just start a new thread. ;)

Thanks for posting.

Maybe it was just the tone, but that one guy's snippy post was really bad form. Maybe it could be appropriate on a super active forum, but this forum has a slow pace small town feel, so that sort of nastiness really is uncalled for here.

Oh yea.. this is me..

223.jpg

Yea.. that was me... and this is the last coin I purchased... her sister wasn't bought so I could take this flight..

1883-CCGSAObverse_zpsb0784b8d.jpg

So.. now this IS a coin thread... Thanks for the assist from the folks from Heritage... ...

Yeah, the folks from Heritage "assist" so much that we take our biz elsewhere. My proof Morgan will NOT be sold through Heritage due to their attitude.IMG_0691_zps7ec5b2a8.jpg

IMG_0685_zps4a0a6175.jpg

So it's ok to post anything on the US Coin forum?

Hang on. There is a dead cat in the road in front of my house.

I'll get some quick images and post them here.

Maybe I should just start a new thread. ;)

Sure.. but watch out.. if your cat has no coins in its belly at the time of death.. it will be labeled.. you will get a nasty gram... be easy my friend..

:whee:

BTW, thanks for your service.

My father served ahead of front lines in Army combat 2nd Infantry in Korea.

312d9565-afbe-4ef5-979c-55704da2dd05_zps5f67b8ee.jpg

VERY cool Kenneth!!! Thank you for posting it. (thumbs u Sweet Morgan too! :applause:

One of these days I'll have to fly in one of these suckers when they get to the Bay area. Normally they come as a 3 plane group, one B-17, one B-24 and one B-25... normally somewhere around this time of year.

If you haven't seen this post before, you might enjoy this post I made ~ 2 years ago...

P-47

Thanks for the post as I was always curious how much the gunmen in the flying fortress could actually see and your video of the sky outside answered a lot of questions! (thumbs u

Oh and I'd definitely pass on a coin purchase for this flight... Heck make that a couple coin purchases if I could also fire one of the ten 50 caliber machine guns! ;)

I understand where Mark was coming from. This is a coin forum after all.

And, before you start to bash me, I do not mind an off topic from time to time and this one was cool.

I too served in the military, USN 86-92 so maybe I'm a little more tolerant of that kind of thing. Regardless, it's cool!!

So, before we continue with any more bashing, remember that Mark is human as well so let's stop the Mark bashing as well. He is a highly valued member of this board.

Thanks

I think we all have interests related to things other than coins. I found your post to be a refreshing break in the action here and I see nothing wrong with it. On a more personal note, I would like to "Thank You" for YOUR service and "Thank You" for MY freedom. Great looking family too.

I understand both Mark and the OP's sentiment. Gosh- I wish PCGS and NGC both had a type of open forum where members could dialog about interesting threads such as this.

I understand both Mark and the OP's sentiment. Gosh- I wish PCGS and NGC both had a type of open forum where members could dialog about interesting threads such as this.

Pat, this might not be quite what you are looking/hoping for, but under "General Discussion Forum" NGC does offer "The Water Cooler" forum.

Dude.. jump off you white steed for a second.. god Mark.. give me a break. Hey.. hump the button if you feel better..

Been like this for several months now...Heritage changed him. :(

Pat, this might not be quite what you are looking/hoping for, but under "General Discussion Forum" NGC does offer "The Water Cooler" forum.

Mark, it is said sarcasm is the lazy man's attempt at humor.

I am in an exceedingly lazy mood today. . .

;)

Nah. Mark has been a consistent curmudgeon as long as I've known him. lol

jom

I want to know, did you bomb the Grand Canyon and strafe the pack animals?

A section of that plane is just too darn close to that spinning propeller. Course, if it did fly off, you'd never knew what hit ya.

I've seen no change in Mark's behavior, he always calls it the way he sees it regardless if you agree with him.