• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1858 Seated Liberty Dime

10 posts in this topic

Hello there, I picked this one up and it's off to get graded by NGC along with a few others.

Care to grade it? I'll post when I get the grades what it comes back as. It's been at NGC since 3-24-14, early bird submission, so shouldn't be too much longer before I know something.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

146162.jpg.e63f0818f8b9820e37aa111e7f1750e1.jpg

146163.jpg.4e6cc355399ca7e0da4dd48ada0283eb.jpg

Don't want to be negative but the surfaces don't look original in the images. Detail is AU+.

I'd guess AU53 Details and Improperly Cleaned/Altered Surfaces.

Don't want to be negative but the surfaces don't look original in the images. Detail is AU+.

I'd guess AU53 Details and Improperly Cleaned/Altered Surfaces.

ill second that. maybe an au55 or so. jmo

If it's just a photography thing the coin might be an MS 64. There aren't many that weren't cleaned since that was the thing to do a hundred years ago.

It either gets the ole body bag or MS 64 IMO.

I'm thinking choice AU.

Looking at ms liberty's thigh/knee area, right hand (left side of coin) wrist, cap, and the high points on the wreath on the reverse, I see some rub.

I'm going to guess the imaging/lighting make the surfaces look a bit unnatural, and it is actually an AU55-58 coin.

Well the grade for this one got posted today. UNC Details - Stained

A little disappointed, but not really surprised.

Sorry to hear that but it might not be all bad. At least it's UNC and the stain might be removeable. Can you call NGC or NCS and ask what they think before it's returned?