• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 *scrace* and very cool newps for my sample slab collections

7 posts in this topic

1964 NGR 50c (NGC 13.2)

One of the most rare and hard to find samples in this set!

The label has the addition of “NGR” in the first line (“1964 NGR 50C”), believed to stand for “Not GRaded”, OR “No GRade”.

Supposedly not discovered by collectors until 2004, this slab is very popular and almost impossible to locate.

Although 99 examples were produced by NGC, only 5-6 examples are known to exist today in collectors’ hands.

9E9C66C7-7197-449C-BCA1-39E390CBAFAB_zpszvdczz4q.jpg

1943-P 5C (NGC 6.2)

Another sample I've been after for a long time..

Found this one thanks to my friend W (GreenWr is his username here), who referred me to a posting about this sample. Thank you for the heads up!

51D20623-A4A8-4AB1-A98A-5EC08E772AD4_zpsdh6s7mw0.jpg

Lastly a not-so-scarce type, but I've been looking for one for a year and a half and couldn't find it. This one just came up for sale on eBay and I snatched it! NGC 9.1

52EFB57E-9F4C-43D8-9093-0C8B3455CE08_zpswikgxkbv.jpg

Very nice additions!! (thumbs u

BTW---I saw a MS 63 quarter eagle in a BLACK NGC #1 slab being offered in the Heritage San Francisco auction. I learned from that listing that only 30 are known to exist!!! I wonder what that will fetch??? hm

Nice samples for your set.

Glad you were able to find some of the missing ones.

Thank you.

my set is now just over 75% complete

Still missing 15 others, could be a longgggg time until the next one comes along

Very nice additions!! (thumbs u

BTW---I saw a MS 63 quarter eagle in a BLACK NGC #1 slab being offered in the Heritage San Francisco auction. I learned from that listing that only 30 are known to exist!!! I wonder what that will fetch??? hm

If I'm not mistaken, just the black NGC slab (regardless of what coin is in it) has been selling for around $4,000 the last few years.

With a nice coin in it, it might just be multiples of that number.. Blows the regency holders out of the water! :devil: