• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone remember?

20 posts in this topic

About 7-9 years ago, Greg Margulies started a thread about ICG and how he could submit almost anything and they would grade it. It was hilarious, and I've been trying to find that thread without any luck.

TIA!

Chris

I sent him a kitten to grade -- but never got it back. I presume it was eaten.

lol

I'm glad this thread was revisited. I've never seen it, and I was cracking up the entire time. The OP's language/story-telling was incredible. The fishhook was priceless.

The thread was also kind of directed at Cameron...who is no longer with us. :( He worked for ICG at the time.

It was always fun to get together with Cameron and Greg (and Jamin'J) for lunch at the Long Beach shows...the ribbing Greg always gave Cameron was classic. I miss that.... :(

jom

I sent him a kitten to grade -- but never got it back. I presume it was eaten.

He probably used it for bait when the grunion were running. :whee:

Those were some really fun times. I forgot how long some of us have been hanging out here.

Keep it quiet, Larry. We don't want them to know we've been getting free beer all this time.

Chris

I remember those old days at LB and my late night conversations with Greg and some others.

It's funny how it's only through online forums that left-coast and right-coast people can regularly hang out together. I haven't been to LB in almost ten years, and Greg never goes to Baltimore or any of the right-coast ANA shows (except for Boston, but he complained seemingly incessantly about that trip).

The only right-coast show where I see many out-of-region folks is NYINC, but that's for dark-siders.

EVP

It's funny how it's only through online forums that left-coast and right-coast people can regularly hang out together. I haven't been to LB in almost ten years...

...good Lord...has it been 10 years? We used to have lunch over at the Rock Bottom cafe. Has it been that long since you left Legend?

jom