• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Apps For Smartphones

10 posts in this topic

So I see that the iPhone has this really cool CoinFacts App that lets you instantly analyze coins using your iPhone. Unfortunately, I can't find anything for the Android system, specifically my Galaxy S4.

I use very few Apps but my understanding is unless something is proprietary to Apple, most Apps have Apple/Android counterparts. Why would PCGS only create this for the iPhone ?

I downloaded the PCGS Price Guide (seems too high in price) and the PCGS Photograde Apps and they are better than nothing but not as good as what the CoinFacts App is able to do.

If anybody finds something good for Android/S4 phones similar to the PCGS CoinFacts App, please post it here along with any Smartphone (iPhone, Android, whatever) coin-related Apps.

PCGS does intend to have an Android version.

This is a quote from Don Willis.

We intend to release Android versions of all our apps.

So far we have Coinflation for both iPhone and Android, as well as PCGS Photograde.

PCGS Price Guide as well as PCGS CoinFacts are next on the list.

PCGS does intend to have an Android version. This is a quote from Don Willis.
We intend to release Android versions of all our apps.

So far we have Coinflation for both iPhone and Android, as well as PCGS Photograde. PCGS Price Guide as well as PCGS CoinFacts are next on the list.

That's good news, not sure how long it's been out for the iPhone but hopefully we are talking days or weeks for an Android version instead of months or next year. Thanks !! (thumbs u

Not sure why they rushed this Coinflation and Photograde out.....both seem less useful....maybe they were easier with less software code or something.

I use

NGC coin details

Kitco

PCGS photograde

PCGS coinflation

And I have the Galaxy S4, much nicer than the iphone I used to have, it has a larger screen which I very much enjoy.

I use

NGC coin details

Kitco

PCGS photograde

PCGS coinflation

And I have the Galaxy S4, much nicer than the iphone I used to have, it has a larger screen which I very much enjoy.

But none of those programs replicates the CoinFacts App, in whole or in part, right ?