• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With all the hoard talk, post a pic of your hoard!!!! (its the weekend!)

29 posts in this topic

:hi:

Hoard002.jpg

It is probably just me, but when I see old coins I try to imagine what it might have been like if I walked up to the bank teller, or received them in change, during the years they were issued. Seeing your collection makes me think it would be amazing to stand at the (bank or store) counter in the 1820s looking at a stack of bust halves. Also, I try to imagine what you could have purchased with them. :)

Appear you have around 22 halves, so $11. $11 in 1820 was a lot of money. I would guess at least $400 in today's purchasing power.

i have a really nice 2009 set that would go PERFECT with that set!

Still have it in OGP and toned real nice....ill get pics

edited: Sorry, i meant to paste in the Lincoln Penny set

As Bartleby the Scrivener would say, "I prefer not". Don't want the three letter men and others to get wise to my mammoth hoard that could be a detriment if they knew. "Three can keep a secret if two are dead". I'm planning a well contrived group of coins formerly non-gradable coins from elsewhere OR from several sources? A deal this large is worthy of a carefully prepared set-up over a long period of time….

Here is my hoard of random coins brought back from a lot of trips, of course many of these coins are no longer legal tender and are only scrap metal now, like the French Francs, Dutch Guilders, Italian Lira and old Mexican pesos, but I think the Swiss Francs, Czech Koruna, Danish Kroner, Swedish Kroner and Canadian dollars are still good (though they won't take their pennies back anymore!).

145325.jpg.b69dc4c6a47df9dc6e286bb7be806003.jpg