• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those of you who sell on Ebay....this is clearly a buyer your going to want

37 posts in this topic

So I wake up this morning and check my Ebay messages and out of the blue I get the following message:

Beautiful perfect coin. It's a shame you let the slab get scratched so badly. I see so many rare and historic coins in scratched up slabs. Makes me fn sick. Why is it so hard for people to take care of their things? You should have that coin re-slabbed before you sell it. Luckily for you everyone on ebay is a fn insufficiently_thoughtful_person and they don't know any better, so you'll still get a good price. If i bought that coin from you, i would give you negative feedback as a matter of principle. Maybe i will bid on it with one of my other accounts and give you negative feedback to teach you to take care of things and be more careful and respectful of valuable items.

I don't know this Ebay buyer and to my knowledge I have never done business with them. As just about everyone knows....about 98% of what I sell comes in on consignment so I have no control what condition the slabs come in and quite frankly...I thought we were collecting coins and not plastic...my bad :makepoint:

Ebay member ID is: reindeermccoy

Well, I happen to be in a crotchety mood today, so I thought I would send him a message of my own.........

Dear reindeermccoy

I've learned on one of the numismatic forums that you sent a rather nasty e-mail to a seller on eBay who happens to be a long-time friend of mine. I hope that he has blocked you because you don't deserve the privilege of doing business with him.

I noted that you have been a member on eBay for less than 1-1/2 years, so I must assume that you think you know everything. For that reason, I'm not going to bother telling you the seller's name. It shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out, that is, unless you make it a habit of slighting people whom you don't know.

It's your loss because not only is he honest and fair-minded, but he also has a good following of consignees who supply him with many wonderful coins.

I hope you have a bad day!

The worst part is the threats to use other Ebay accounts to harass me and buy items and then leave negative feedback. Knowing how Ebay allows negative feedback for just about any reason....I don't have a lot of confidence I would be safe from this guy but I have no choice but to put it in their hands at this point.

Yeah, I agree the person has no business threatening to use other accounts to give negative feedback. That alone should get him/her banned. If the person doesn't like a slab scratched, complain to the manufacturer, not the owner, The coin may have changed hands a hundred times for all he knows. Better yet, just pass on it.

This person needs to do more business with the GreatSouthernCoin's and the MacVanderstein's on E-Bay. Then he'll appreciate a fair deal.

Seems like everyone here has bought from Shane so I threw caution to the wind and bought a Lincoln off eBay from him...well I guess I'm on the fence now because it took 3 whole days to get to me. Maybe I should leave feedback. :)

WOW, really? Ive bought slabs that have cracks, chipped corners and scuffs in them because I liked the coin. This dude should be blocked from the internet, period.

Ebay ID #2 leetol

Message I just received.....also reported to Ebay...

you say we're collecting coins not slabs, but all your coins are in slabs and your a member of a slabbing company. you charge premiums for your graded coins but then you sell them in scratched slabs. you know you are wrong. even if your items are consignment, you should still have them reslabbed. you know i am right. that is why you declined to respond to me directly and instead used a cowardice move of posting a private letter on a public forum so all you coin dorks can blow each other and talk mess without me being able to defend myself. you're a coward, homosexual, comic book nerd. nothing more. stick to selling comics.

This guy is sick and needs to be put out of his misery. He should be banned from ever using a computer or internet-accessible device.

Chris

I have had a few scratched and chipped holdered coins from time to time. They are tougher to sell. I'm not sure whether CAC will not sticker badly abraded certified coins holders. But it does cost time and money to get them reslabbed, or you have to wait for a major show and have it done there. Last time I sent in some coins the reslabbing took well over two weeks, etc.. Buyers should understand that and maybe offer a slight bit less if the holder is slightly damaged.

Maybe you should send this jerk another email directing him to this forum. It will either help enlighten him on the people he his ridiculing and give him some enlightenment or someone ngc will just have to ban down the road. lol

What slabbing company are you a member of ?

I have my own slabbing company and I grade everything MS70 and PR70..it's called SGS...perhaps you have heard of it and seen our pretty gold stickers lol

I am not now...nor have I ever been...a member of a slabbing company...scouts honor :wishluck:

Impossible to give a proper opinion on this coin/slab without seeing an image of it.

I have been more than satisfied with my past purchases from you and would like to think that you would let the buyer know if the the slab was trashed.

To make it fair - Do you have a picture of the slab in question?

Yeah, obviously you're just a hack with no people skills and a cavalier attitude. You'll gladly send out slabs that are scratched or damaged WITHOUT EVEN POSTING A DECENT PICTURE OF IT. You probably have no future in this line of work, better start looking in the want ads.

hehehehe

Impossible to give a proper opinion on this coin/slab without seeing an image of it.

I have been more than satisfied with my past purchases from you and would like to think that you would let the buyer know if the the slab was trashed.

To make it fair - Do you have a picture of the slab in question?

I usually don't post links to active auctions but just so you can see the slab in question...here goes....

1984 Isle Of Man Gold

And that is what this guy is griping and threatening you about? That is pitiful! I've seen many worse slabs than this on ebay. I wonder how much time this guy wastes on emailing sellers with scratches on slabs. He needs to get a life!!

You got you one of them customers that has a few loose screws, maybe even a pending case of Tourettes Syndrome on your hands here. Best just keep reporting him to the Bay of e and let them handle the harassment e-mails.

If that's all they are getting bent out of shape about, they need to wake up and smell the plastic. I've seen some holdered coins at shows where you almost had to guess what was inside...those definitely needed to be put to the band saw and quartered.

Good luck with this one...

I called them yesterday and told them to do something about this joker...unfortunately Ebay doesn't give updates on auctions they take so I will never know if they talk to the guy, ban him, pat him on the back....they just don't share that info when you file a complaint. I can check his account to see if he is no longer a registered user....but that's the only way I will no something.

Hopefully he's a seller too. That way we can buy something to get his address then pre-pay to have 10 yards of pea gravel dropped off in his driveway.

Good luck with that new mountain grumpy.

I hate how he called the members of these boards, nerds!

I love coins and comics. I also love guns!

I don't feel I'm a nerd.

But I guess I wouldn't.....

I have seen that 2nd user ID before.....can't remember where but I want to see it was in someone's negative feedback....