• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pickup Toning Morgan Dollars & Peace Dollar

13 posts in this topic

I bought 3 of dollars from local flea market today. I am kinda of disappointed with dealer because he didn't told me that 1896 Morgan has a damage on bottom rim, it was cover by foam until I open it at home. However it has a nice toning on reverse. I am not sure if it's NT or AT on 1896. The 1880 Morgan was cracked out from NGC MS61. I normally don't collecting Peace Dollar, but I bought this one, 1923-S, because it has light pink, blue, and yellow toning on obverse.

1896-P

IMG_0152_zps006f0ac7.jpg

IMG_0151_zpsa6ae7c73.jpg

1880-P

IMG_0174_zpsb72a18c9.jpg

IMG_0178_zps00df4100.jpg

1923-S Peace Dollar, its hard to take a better picture. It would be easier if I break the holder and take a picture of this raw Peace.

IMG_0156_zps9fd1ff3b.jpg

IMG_0157_zps143f9b04.jpg

IMG_0158_zps43323fc5.jpg

The Morgans look like they were kept in an old album, like Wayte Raymond type. Why not leave the Peace $ in the holder? You don't see those old ANACS ones around much any more and they are sort of cool, imo. Nice coin!

Much better image of the 1880. The obverse has a prominent scratch on the cheek---I am not sure that this would be a grading factor or not. I like the color of the reverse, though.

Thank you for the kind words. I have forgotten all about Wayte Raymond style, that's what I am wondering if that Morgans were in an old album that cause the tone on Morgans?

Much better image of the 1880. The obverse has a prominent scratch on the cheek---I am not sure that this would be a grading factor or not. I like the color of the reverse, though.

Yeah it has a scratch on the cheek, it was in NGC MS61 holder. I crack it out this afternoon because the holder was dilapidated.

Yeah it has a scratch on the cheek, it was in NGC MS61 holder. I crack it out this afternoon because the holder was dilapidated.

I would have guessed 62 or 63. Nice coin.

The 23-S Peace is very nice. Its NT and probably undergraded by 1-2 pts. For a S mint coin it has a very nice strike through the hair and on the reverse Eagle's wing.

I would leave it in that holder or submit it to CAC or even NGC for an upgrade. An MS64 coin is a substantial difference in $$$.

The 23-S Peace is very nice. Its NT and probably undergraded by 1-2 pts. For a S mint coin it has a very nice strike through the hair and on the reverse Eagle's wing.

I would leave it in that holder or submit it to CAC or even NGC for an upgrade. An MS64 coin is a substantial difference in $$$.

Will CAC evaluate/opinionate/guessigate/procrastinate an ANACS graded coin? :banana:

PS: I think I combined all the possible CAC "ates", based on previous Threads.

If not, added "ates" are welcome. :acclaim:

Will CAC evaluate/opinionate/guessigate/procrastinate an ANACS graded coin? :banana:

Ahhhh... I forgot they dont "do" ANACs coins... my bad. As you can tell I dont submit coins to CAC ... lol