• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple NEWPS!! **Grade Posted**1834 H10c and 1890 Seated Liberty 10c

16 posts in this topic

First off, a huge Thank You goes out to Mark(cucamongacoin) for another excellent transaction on the Money Marketplace. We were able to work out a trade for some things I was selling and these two coins were part of the deal!

First up is an 1834 3 Over Inverted 3 Capped Bust Half Dime. I will be sending this coin to NGC next week for grading and Variety Attribution so I can add it to my US Type Set registry. It's hard to tell if it is the LM-1 or the LM-3 so if anyone here can help narrow it down, that would be great. If not, I'm sure NGC will be able to figure it out! It is currently holdered by ICG and the Variety is not attributed on the label. I will reveal it's current grade later on as I want some more opinions from everyone here on what they think. This has been the smallest coin that I have imaged so far and it was definitely a challenge.

1834H10FullCoin_zpsf08bb7a4.jpg

18343OverInvert3-2_zps222c5501.jpg

18343OverInvert3_zpsad8e6b25.jpg

Next is an 1890 Seated Liberty Dime. This coin is in an older NGC holder and is graded MS64. The holder is a bit scuffed up, as you can probably see in the images. The coin has an even, golden tone on both the Obverse and the Reverse, has great luster and there are even a few clashes and die cracks! As always, Thanks for looking! Comments and opinions are welcomed too.

1890SeatedLibFullCoin_zps64cda1fd.jpg

The half dime is real nice and very original looking. Since it looks to still have some decent luster; I'd grade it at about AU 50-53 range.

The seated dime looks great with beautiful satiny luster.

I bought an 1890 dime a few weeks ago. Yours looks to have the same clashing and die cracks (the die cracks extend around/within the entire wreath) that mine has. I've had a tough time attributing the dime but I've come up with Fortin 120 as my best guess. It's not scarce by any means, but still fun to attribute.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am very happy with these coins and they work well with the rest of my Type Set. The close up images were taken with my USB microscope. ICG graded the 1834 H10c as an AU50. I'm thinking it's a little better than AU50 and I'm hoping for at least AU53, with a shot at AU55.

Attribution is made from the reverse, this is LM-1

Best, HT

Thank you HT for the help with the attribution. I looked through the Heritage archives and looked at the different images for the LM-1 and LM-3 coins and I see the difference now.

Well, I got the grade back for the Half-Dime last week. It graded like I hoped it would and came back as an AU55. I'm happy with the coin and it fits in nicely with the type set I'm building.

Well, I got the grade back for the Half-Dime last week. It graded like I hoped it would and came back as an AU55. I'm happy with the coin and it fits in nicely with the type set I'm building.

Nice---Happy for you! It's a good looking coin! :thumbsup:

That's probably the right grade considering how many of those Bust dimes are just not attractive as yours is.

My take on ICG is they undergrade as often as they overgrade. If Randy Campbell likes a coin he gives it the extra points, if he doesn't or sees something that turns him off, he undergrades.