• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

She's a beauty !

7 posts in this topic

NGC Journal Award Plaque just arrived, I am very honored with this award

This chilly Saturday afternoon in snow covered northern NJ a package from NGC arrived and I was initially thinking that my annual membership renewal was enclosed.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that instead, my 2013 Journal award had arrived. The 8*10 plaque is a glossy black with gold lettering and is just outstanding, a DPL PF70* to be sure !

Already in 2014 I have read some simply outstanding journals, with great posts by newcomers adding to the vibrancy of the registry.

Going forward, I believe the NGC Journal Award will be tougher and tougher to win as our registry is blessed with some very knowledgeable numismatists that are continually sharpening their writing skills and are wonderfully sharing their collecting triumphs and knowledge.

Congrats again to all the award winners and much continued success & new adventures to all in 2014!

RichH

See more journals by RichH

Hi Rich,

Congratulations on your award!! It is well deserved my friend, well deserved indeed. You've inspired me to give some serious consideration to starting journals myself. As my main collecting areas aren't strongly represented on the journal side of things as of yet, I hope that some of what I've learned in those areas ( Ottoman Empire, Chile and Third Reich) could be of some use to the community and maybe help those that may want to get into coins like that but don't know where to start. I know that it is a wonderful thing when we share our knowledge, successes and stumbles with each other. You are one of the best at this. Kudos!

Congratulations Rich! I have always enjoyed your writings and your award is well deserved. I believe you are correct about the award getting tougher with the quality and quantity of writings improving. Whoever wins next year, they will be keeping some pretty good company with you! All the best!

Gary