• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty coin

26 posts in this topic

That picture is so super-saturated and heavily juiced, I'll bet the coin looks nothing like that in hand.

Show us a more realistic pic, please?

Are you being serious? Early S mints = POP

I agree, the colors are bright even on my ipad. Are they that vibrant?

its vibrant but nothing even close to my most vibrant

And from my phone its extremely juiced looking LMAO so I apologize for my earlier comments..... Im going to edit it from my phone

I agree, the colors are bright even on my ipad. Are they that vibrant?

its vibrant but nothing even close to my most vibrant

And from my phone its extremely juiced looking LMAO so I apologize for my earlier comments..... Im going to edit it from my phone

lol

Kurt I was about to answer your question before I realized it was you! lol And the 81S is probably the most toned date I've ever seen. dime a dozen but this one is super.

The slab photo doesn't look bad. In fact, unless the contrast was purposely just applied to the coin then I think the photo is reasonably accurate. The reason I say that is because the slab label doesn't look "juiced" at all. JMO.

jom

What's "EOR toning?" Sounds expensive.
"EOR toning" = End of roll toning.
sorry Kurt I thought you were making a funny or I would have answered your question!

sorry Kurt I thought you were making a funny or I would have answered your question!

I know that. Silly of me not being able to decipher it. I feel like I crawled out from under a rock.

That picture is so super-saturated and heavily juiced, I'll bet the coin looks nothing like that in hand.

Show us a more realistic pic, please?

Are you being serious? Early S mints = POP

I'm aware of the "pop". And yes, I'm being serious. I'd love to see high quality pics of this one, because it looks like it has the potential to be a stunner, but I don't feel like I'm getting a really good idea of the coin from either of your pics. Sorry, not trying to be mean (I can tell its a really nice coin).

I know that. Silly of me not being able to decipher it. I feel like I crawled out from under a rock.

That is the least feeling you should have.

It is refreshing to have someone feel comfortable enough with themselves to have even asked the question openly. :golfclap: You would probably be shocked to know how many experienced and knowledgeable colectors...and dealers...don't and didn't know that either.

As an example, the other day someone brought up orange peel, and another person asked what it is. Same situation.

As an example, the other day someone brought up orange peel, and another person asked what it is. Same situation.

That was me... I dont think I ever got an answer.. or I didnt see it.

What is "orange peel ?" In the world of custom car paint jobs it means bad things... but in numismatics I dont know...

Anyone ?

What is "orange peel ?" In the world of custom car paint jobs it means bad things... but in numismatics I dont know...

Anyone ?

When a coins surfaces are like the surfaces of an orange. Very attractive on mint state pieces... kind of like coloring in a picture... it fills the entire coin in making it almost like a work of art. Peace dollars with orange peel are very stunning!

Anyone ?

When a coins surfaces are like the surfaces of an orange. Very attractive on mint state pieces... kind of like coloring in a picture... it fills the entire coin in making it almost like a work of art. Peace dollars with orange peel are very stunning!

Thank You...he asked me first, but, well, I missed it. That doesn't mean you can just go ahead and take credit, you know... :makepoint::foryou: