• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1927 SLQ

17 posts in this topic

Here's an SLQ I've owned for a long time in my Type Set. It originally was in an NGC fatty and I crossed it over to PCGS. In both cases it graded MS65FH. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1927_65fhSLQ2_zpsd20a20ae.jpg

bc1927_65fhSLQrev1This_zpscea2d90e.jpg

Actually I got this so long ago I still hadn't started to deliberately buy toners. I got this somewhere in the late 1980's.

I love it looks real nice for 65

Recently had bob take some pics for me they turned out great

I have a toned slq 65 fh I think1928 it's Shane's pic but I am going to have bob shoot it on my next group

I will post it after your thread has slowed

That is one BEAUTIFUL piece!! Bob did a superb job of imaging, again as always. I'm surprised it's a 65 and not a 66 per the images. I find it very attractive. Nice coin sky!! :applause:

Congrats to Kenny. I think you just won Copper Toning's contest!!!

Copper Toning, that's a beautiful SLQ. I personally don't collect that series, but I really like yours. Looks to have nice luster with some very attractive color. The details on miss liberty are awesome.

Congratulations Kenny,

You did indeed win the contest I will pm you later this afternoon for some information

I agree the SLQ is tough to find nicely toned

I looked around quite a bit before posting a one ad on the BSD where I was presented a handful of nicely toned SLQ's

Eventually I decided on this one presented by Mark feld great price great coin easy to deal with I was very happy

Edited to add and you were doubtful it would be a doozy ;)

Great photos....how did you/Bob get such great shots ? Any quick lighting/focusing techniques you can give a photo insufficiently_thoughtful_person so I can take decent shots of purchases ?

I have a 2005 5 megapixel Pentax with that macro-focus thing but I would prefer to use my brand new 13 megapixel Galaxy S4 smartphone (no idea of any settings).