• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a rare coin?

10 posts in this topic

it looks like a couple indianhead cents surrounding a worn cent got squeezed in a vice

Or a worn cent got hammered between two other cents. Either way, it does not appear genuine and is likely not worth anything.

it looks like a couple indianhead cents surrounding a worn cent got squeezed in a vice

Or a worn cent got hammered between two other cents. Either way, it does not appear genuine and is likely not worth anything.

Agree. Looks like a sandwich job.

Agree. Looks like a sandwich job.

I have to agree also. I've coins like this posted before.

I am curious as to how you managed to get a mirror image of the coin... I assume you inverted the picture in whatever photo editing software you are using? Sorry.. I just find it a bit distracting.

However, I agree with the group; you aren't going to be buying out the Donald with the proceeds from the sale of that coin...keep looking though and welcome to the boards.

It isn't a mirror image of the coin. What he has is a copper planchet that has been squeezed between to indian head cents creating incused reversed images on both sides.