• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is upgrade your Eisenhowers day posted by MAILMAN

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I upgraded two of mine

I was going to wait until the last minute of the Registry deadline to add them, but that seemed childish and sneaky. In all reality mine may have the #1 beside it but it does not come close to Troy Weavers. I have looked at his pictures and wished I had some coins like his. He is building his set for his children and it is something to be proud of. Mine started out as a simple set that was easy to assemble, then I got the idea of donating it to the Eisenhower Museum. I was kinda amused when I looked at my set history, the first coin I added was a 1971-P in MS65, the coin that got me to #1 today was a 1971-P in MS66. Have a great day....MAILMAN

See more journals by MAILMAN

Nice Ikes!!! Even your trade set is getting complete and looks great to me. I have found a few more to submit to NGC but those Ikes are so heavy and large that they scratch easily on the mint line before they even get distributed.

Again --- Congrats on acquiring such a great set. :grin:

Rick

Very nice set Mailman! I had always been annoyed that Troy Weaver should have the number 1 set in the NGC registry with all PCGS coins that suddenly appeared as the number 1 set in a day. Now you have the number 1 set and the world seems right! However, you are right about the coins in Troy's set, he has some beauties! Thus I am glad that he has chosen to display his set here. I will always be thankful to you for the tip you gave me on my lone copper/nickel 1971-D MS-67 IKE. I've been rooting for you to get the number 1 set for quite some time, congratulations!

Gary