Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really....is this how a coin should be shipped!! posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

...in a business envelope!!

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to rant a bit on how I received a coin I purchased the other. It was shipped in a business size envelope with a tape used to make the envelope a bit more secure. Really... are people this dumb?

The slabbed coin just slid right out of the envelope when the mail carrier handed it to me after I signed for it. Thank you PO for having honest employees. I could of been handed an empty envelope instead. At least the slab was bubble wrapped.

I have added a couple photos of the envelope for your enjoyment.

Rant over!

Take care

Jeffrey

14722.jpg

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

wow!!!

Glad to hear the coin arrived. Was it "free shipping?" If not, I would get $$$$ refunded.

Does not cost much for just an envelope and a few stamps

Enjoy the coin with a great story behind it.

Semper Fi !

Jack

It would have to be shipped a parcel using USPS because of the thickness. The seller was just being cheap and risky. A bubble mailer is not very expensive. I also reuse them as long as they are not popped. I would complain.

I am glad you received your coin. It defied the odds to say the least. :banana:

I guess the seller figured writing "DO NOT CRUSH" on the envelope would insure the coin's safe arrival! :D

I'd let the seller know that he needs to do a better job of packaging his merchandise.

I'm a retired postal worker and the tape on the envelope looks like the kind used in the mark up department that's is where damaged packing material is repaired so my money is on the post office repairing that envelope for you so the contents would not come out . I am VERY surprised the slab was not crushed because all letter sized mail is machine sorted and the slot the mail go's through is not that big. again must have been an alert postal worker. If you paid 1 red cent for postage I'd be bugging this fool for it back. and to be very honest this proves that MOST postal worker are hard working honest people not the gun Totten nuts the media has shown us to be yea most of us own guns but look in your larger city's where they locate the sorting plants it's mostly in reclaimed slum land.

I'd throw your carrier an extra few bucks on that gift card this year. I'm sure he'd love it. jmho but an educated one.

Happy collecting and may God Bless....Mike

I too have been on the receiving end of something like this but mine did not display the all important words DO NOT CRUSH !!!!

It just baffles the mind how some logic is defended when you see items like this. I too would contact the seller then leave a great feedback. Beyond that what can you do !!!! :facepalm:

Mike

I had the same thing happen to me with an ASE. I was lucky that I got my money back Ebay. They mail it in a flat envelope priority mail which go ripped and the coin slipped out. Somewhere in the post office is an 1986 ASE.

EJ

best_category2011.gifbs.png

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg