• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I bought this at Newman...

32 posts in this topic

Congrats!

Not sure how you would link to the images. I would download them, then upload them to photobucket if you want to post them here.

Got sick 2 days before I wanted to make the 2 hour trek to NYC and view the coins, and was unwilling to pay the money required to buy what I was interested in without seeing them myself. Oh well...there are plenty more great coins out there and maybe in a couple years some of the Newman coins will come back on the market at a more normal price level.

Congrats TDN. A beautiful coin for sure.

I was able to pick up two coins to add to my collection, but nothing in that range. I plan to hold on to mine until for a long time.

I can't wait to see Part III of the collection!

Is that a hit on the bottom of her eyelid? That hit looks surprisingly "fresh" in the slab picture, but more hidden in the single obverse image. (shrug)

Hits like that are acceptable for MS64.

I wasn't suggesting they weren't. I'm asking TDN if it is really there...

It's a lovely coin, just Heritage's images don't do it justice...particularly the slabbed images. :frustrated:

Definitely a great piece of history and a pick up I could only dream of.

Speaking of the pictures; they do not seem to me to exhibit as much luster as they mention in the description so when you have it in hand I would be curious as to how far off base the pictures are.

Congrat's on that purchase. Maybe I will see better pictures on your web site later.

Terrific dollar. Wow.

Here are the slab photos, not the "enhanced" ones Heritage used which are overexposed and color-incorrect.

The tiny nick below the eye is likely just a little sharp at the edge and light was reflected. It happens.

Lance.

1797obv_zps3bc4026b.jpg

1797rev_zpsf315491a.jpg

Look at the breast feathers on the small eagle----they are so often flat and incomplete but not on this superior example----you can see every one of them. Liberty looks very BOLD, too.

Well what can I add?! Really a breathtaking piece all the way around. I am curious what PCGS would say and also agree the NGC grade of 64+ seems very fair.

No can do - giving away that info too early can cost you lots and lots of money

So my previous comment holds. Of what use is linking to an obscured Registry Set. hm

Why build it? So its done and I can work on adding pics and commentary at my leisure. Why link it? So I can tease you with what may or may not be inside. Anticipation is a powerful thing... ;)

Why build it? So its done and I can work on adding pics and commentary at my leisure. Why link it? So I can tease you with what may or may not be inside. Anticipation is a powerful thing... ;)

The tease won't last long. If it remains at #1, I can just look at all of it unobscured come January. :cool: