• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slowly Growning Commemorative Set! posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

4 more coins to my collection

Hello fellow collectors,

I would to show my latest addition to my Modern Commemorative Set:

1987 Constitution MS70

1989 Congress MS69

1984 Olympics MS69

1984 Olympics PF69UC

They are quite the nice group of coins and they have helped push my total close to the 50% completion mark for the set.

The curious thing about the Constitution is how the denomination is showed on the reverse....Dollar 1...strange!

I also took the photo of the Constitution with my Samsung Galaxy S3 sitting at my desk with the coin resting on top of a piece of printer paper. Not to bad for a phone.

And one last thing...I have been following the news on the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Coin and can not wait for it to be released. The winning design is quite cool and being the only coin minted with a concave/convex shape makes it quite unique from the other comms. As a baseball fan, I plan on buying a number of these coins...a few graded and a few to stay in the original mint packaging. Looking forward to see how NGC will slab this coin. Now, just waiting for that elusive commemorative coin honoring firefighters...someday maybe.

Take care and happy collecting!

Jeffrey

14544.jpg

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

Nice group Jeffrey,

"Now, just waiting for that elusive commemorative coin honoring firefighters...someday maybe".

I think its way overdue and would love to see a coin issued to commemorate firemen and paramedics and another for wild land firefighters. Sadly, we lost one young fire fighter on the Big Windy Fire here in Oregon and 19 members of the Granite Mountain Hotshot Crew were lost in Arizona this year an especially tragic loss to the Fire community in Prescott. Over 4,410 on duty firefighters have lost their lives since 1977 not including the 37 lost so far this year, that's an astonishing number to contemplate.

RIP brothers and sisters,

Larry

I know there is the Benjamin Franklin Firefighter Commemorative Coin which I think looks pretty dang good, it does justice to the cause. I also collect the modern Commemoratives, raw though. Check it out.