• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem Coins II Continued posted by JTO

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Here is a my problem VF Details (3043 pt) next to a current auction Problem Free Pr-1(4416) pick one

Sorry for the formatting flaw and typos in the last message. Here I think a (or 4) pictures are worth a thousand words.

14512.jpg

See more journals by JTO

Personally I agree with skinny, and seriously...I would challenge that there is no such thing as a problem free coin. There are only coins the market makers (TPGs) say are good enough for their plastic tombs and coins that aren't.

I have both slabbed and raw, the raw are for enjoyment, the slabbed are for resale.

It would seem to me the question should be: Am I collecting coins, or plastic points?

to me it would be the best looking coin with the most detail. If the problem coin (problem? what problem? it's circulated and to be expected) isn't ugly, why would you pass it up? I collected this series, completed the set in XF to mint state but never got a decent 1793 and I regret it. BUY THE DETAILED PIECE or regret it for life my friend. It is a nice looking coin for a 1793 by the way...

Is that (VF details piece vs. a "problem-free" Poor 1) a fair comparison? If the values/prices are nearly equivalent, probably so, but otherwise, not.

Both coins have defects of one kind or another. If they are similar in price, pick the one you prefer.