• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHANE ADDED NEW PICS TONED WALKER CROSS OVER

22 posts in this topic

Shane added his pics in a lower post.

This is the first walker I purchased a few years ago which I bought raw from a local dealer. His grade was 65 and I paid 65 money for the coin. Unfortunately I new little about the differences in grading companies and I took the cheaper route and submitted to ICG. They graded the coin MS65.

I had posted this coin about 18 months ago when looking for advice on selling the coin. After learning the value would be greater in NGC of PCGS plastic. I had also become aware of the star designation and wanted opinions on that also.

Anyhow I remained unsure and decided not to do anything until about a month ago. Having trouble advancing my wheat collection I decided to consign a few coins to Kryptonite Comics.

Shane advised me the coin would do much better in NGC plastic and he felt the coin should go 65*. Today he let me know the results were in and sure enough it did make his grade.

A side not this is one of 3 higher value coins (at least to me) which I bought raw from the dealer and all 3 coins holdered at the dealers grade with no problems.

My pics of this coin are old and not very good. I cant wait to see Shane's pics.

Also a big thanks to Shane on results of a recent consignment that was great. I would recommend him to any one.

38-1.jpg

Wow.. Beautiful!

A nicely toned walker is always a great find. And a 1938 ... :luhv:

Great buy!

Please post Shane's pics when you get them!

Nice color, and a 65* grade doesn't surprise me in the least. I do look forward to seeing Shane's images of the coin. I follow his listings pretty regularly, so I'm guessing that it will be up soon? (No spam intended).

The initial images made me think of something that was iodine stained. Shane you did a wonderful job bringing out the colors. Congrats on a super nice coin.