• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you wish Mr. Feld was still dealing?

28 posts in this topic

I do. Here's a quick iPhone pic of a few coins he's sold to me. Mark not only had a talent for picking nice coins, but also exemplified the "right" way of doing business. I miss his early bird mailings offering great coins and his commitment to integrity in all his interactions with customers like me. I wish he was still in the dealer business.

IMG_0715_zpscca33915.jpg

I do. Here's a quick iPhone pic of a few coins he's sold to me. Mark not only had a talent for picking nice coins, but also exemplified the "right" way of doing business. I miss his early bird mailings offering great coins and his commitment to integrity in all his interactions with customers like me. I wish he was still in the dealer business.

Poor little thing. I can imagine how you must feel.

Hello Folks----For good or bad, I've been on again and off again----playing with these round items for what amounts to 57 years now.

In that time, I've known and dealt with many a coin folk.

Mark Feld and I have talked a lot over the years here on the NGC chat boards. He was instrumental in my finding out about wheel marks on my 1945 Walker.

But, in many, many PM conversations, I "ALWAYS" knew that I would speak the TRUTH and that Mark would do the same thing.

IMO---that is a VERY RARE thing in these days and times. Thanks Mark. Bob [supertooth]

I've never had the privilege of purchasing from Mark but I do know those that have were always very satisfied with their purchase and professionalism that Mark has.

I'm curious as to the point you are trying to make here.

jom

jom

I think it was derision sent my way. In viewing his posts on the board, I've never found him to be positive in any way. Must be a tough existence not to feel or express joy or appreciation.

jom

I think it was derision sent my way. In viewing his posts on the board, I've never found him to be positive in any way. Must be a tough existence not to feel or express joy or appreciation.

Actually, if I had to guess, the derision was actually directed at Mark in a "round-about" way. But...who knows?

jom

jom

Actually, if I had to guess, the derision was actually directed at Mark in a "round-about" way. But...who knows?

jom

Either way, it was not a comment worth making.

Yes, from what I understand, Mark was a good dealer. News flash, there are other good dealers. That is to say, should any of you be hurting for a recommendation now that Mark is out of business, it's not the end of the world, as the OP makes it seem. Just PM me, and I'll be happy to give you mine. Don't want to promote, here. Again, my sincere condolences go out to the OP for his loss. Life is tough. Just hang in there. Hold your head up high. I have faith you'll get through this.

PS: Sheesh!

.....News flash, there are other good dealers......it's not the end of the world.

Gosh, really? I had no idea. I'm gobsmacked with a blinding revelation of THE TRUTH! I've never bought anything from any other dealer before....I may just now take that brave step forward.

Again,my sincere condolences go out to the OP for his loss. Life is tough. Just hang in there. Hold your head up high. I have faith you'll get through this.

You don't say!? I'm so touched by your sincerity and careful consideration for my well being. I'm convinced that you are one of those rare people who are instinctively empathetic for the misguided and downtrodden like me.

PS: Sheesh! You're such an as*s*wipe.

Yes, from what I understand, Mark was a good dealer. News flash, there are other good dealers. That is to say, should any of you be hurting for a recommendation now that Mark is out of business, it's not the end of the world, as the OP makes it seem. Just PM me, and I'll be happy to give you mine. Don't want to promote, here. Again, my sincere condolences go out to the OP for his loss. Life is tough. Just hang in there. Hold your head up high. I have faith you'll get through this.

:troll:

I agree with the OP as, while there are other good dealers and I have bought from some of them, Mark had/has a good eye, knew what he was doing, and knew how to work with others...and his margins and business style were fair to a fault.

As for the mandatory troll on the board....every board seems to have them. Here, it is him. Never anything positive to add, always backhanded snide comments and an inability to function in a societal group in a positive way. On PCGS boards, it is mrpotatoheadd. No matter where one goes, there is always on of them trolling away. It gives them jollies as people likely ignore them in real life.

I still have each of the coins I bought from Mark. Haven't sold one, but have gotten offers on some of them that I have showed others :) Especially the 55/55 DDO he sold me. :D

I haven't dealt with Mark, as a dealer, but I have gotten some real good opinions and advice from him. I have always respected his knowledge and willingness to help others, too. As a collector, I have always enjoyed and prided myself in being able to find the coins that I need, on my own. But there are a couple that have been quite tough for me to locate and for that reason; I sorta wish that Mark's services were still available.

I agree with the OP as, while there are other good dealers and I have bought from some of them, Mark had/has a good eye, knew what he was doing, and knew how to work with others...and his margins and business style were fair to a fault.

As for the mandatory troll on the board....every board seems to have them. Here, it is him. Never anything positive to add, always backhanded snide comments and an inability to function in a societal group in a positive way. On PCGS boards, it is mrpotatoheadd. No matter where one goes, there is always on of them trolling away. It gives them jollies as people likely ignore them in real life.

I still have each of the coins I bought from Mark. Haven't sold one, but have gotten offers on some of them that I have showed others :) Especially the 55/55 DDO he sold me. :D

Well, I will state he has improved over the years in logic posits..... ;)

...and I seem to recall it was Mr. Pharmer ATS that didn't play nicely in the school yard. Is Mr. Pharmer still active and loveable? :whee::foryou:

I have never bought anything from Mark, but he has given me some advice and given me his opinion on things, that in my opinion, are more valuable than any coin I could have ever bought.

While he may not be dealing at the moment, he is still here. Treat him like an oil well and drill him for information. He has far more experience than most of us will ever have, and he willing to share it....TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!!

Besides, he may decide to come back to dealing in future, we just never know.

Ok, It might sound like I'm bragging that's because I am! I just visited with Mark at Heritage. I was selling some coins and asked him if I could pick his brain on three different coin subjects (2 coins, 1 compliant). He was soooo nice and helpful, patient; just a true joy to talk with. The info; more like MAJOR help was/is priceless. I won't name names but a good friend of his is really upset with him for leaving California. Well, Texas' gain! Welcome again Mark.

David

Mark not only had a talent for picking nice coins, but also exemplified the "right" way of doing business. I miss his early bird mailings offering great coins and his commitment to integrity in all his interactions with customers like me. I wish he was still in the dealer business.

I agree completely. He is definitely missed.

Mark was always quick to answer questions that I had..... and after seeing a few of his sales threads/ listings, I had honestly hoped to add a "Mark Feld" coin to my collection. Heritage is lucky to have him. He also would have been an excellant, and possibly better, fit with CAC...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u