• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1885 P Morgan

17 posts in this topic

I think 65 is the top, the obv has the one large hit/mark, some light chatter in the field, and what looks to be a fingerprint at around 5o'clock. All those together say 65 for me.

MS-64+ or MS-65 would be the max in my opinion. The mark in the obverse field precludes MS-66 in my view.

Assuming the mark is as severe as it appears to be, and not an effect of the photo, I'll agree with this.

The coin look to be 65 all day to me. The mark in the left obverse field looks worse than it is in my opinion. My camera seems to make every contact mark look like the grand canyon. I'm guessing yours is doing the same.

Thanks everyone, sorry it took so long to reply. PCGS graded this coin MS 65. In hand I thought for sure 66 even with the obverse field mark but PCGS didn't agree at the end of the day I suppose they got it right.

Nick