• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stunning Walking Liberty

15 posts in this topic

Yowza!! Those surfaces are so CLEAN and I need my shades for that color. :cool: looks 67 or 68 based on those images.

I am guessing that the surfaces look so clean because it's a Proof? If so, while it's usually impossible to provide meaningful grade guesses for such coins, I'll guess PR68.

If, by chance, the coin is a business strike, the images appear to be over lit and are llikely masking (at least some minor) flaws.

Yowza!! Those surfaces are so CLEAN and I need my shades for that color. :cool: looks 67 or 68 based on those images.

I am guessing that the surfaces look so clean because it's a Proof? If so, while it's usually impossible to provide meaningful grade guesses for such coins, I'll guess PR68.

If, by chance, the coin is a business strike, the images appear to be over lit and are llikely masking (at least some minor) flaws.

You'll get no argument from me. :) I can't tell for sure, either. Also, proofs tend to be a little more colorful than business strikes are. That coin has the toning pattern that one would expect to find on a proof.

You'll get no argument from me. :) I can't tell for sure, either. Also, proofs tend to be a little more colorful than business strikes are. That coin has the toning pattern that one would expect to find on a proof.

Agreed.

I looked thru the comments, lots of PR and lots of MS guesses. The one sly dog who would have been believable, was

>>Larry Shapiro 68 plus plus plus<<

who did not designate it to be a PR or a MS the rat.

I've never followed these 'guess the grades' on Facebook to see if the grade is ever revealed, my gut tells me PR-68

Call me the contrarian but I think it's a PL Walker BU coin. That said and knowing how stingy they are with MS 68, I'm guessing MS 67.

Dear Mr. contrarian,

It is extremely unlikely that a business strike would display the strike, PL surfaces, the color or the overall fabric/appearance of the imaged coin.

Looks like a standard PF66 with lovely toning...and the photography is hiding a lot more than you'd think. I really dislike images of proofs like this without a proper straight-on image to go along with it.