• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rate increase question

47 posts in this topic

I'm posting this here rather than the Ask NGC board as I'd like to get an answer fairly quickly...

This might seem like an obvious thing, but I just want to make sure. grin.gif Since the rates increase on October 1st, am I correct in assuming that any submission you receive up to and including September 30th will still honor the current rates?

I have a number of coins that I've been holding off on submitting, but if I can beat the increase, they'll be going out first thing Monday morning. thumbsup2.gif

With the last increase, NGC gave a grace period for submissions before subjecting to the rate increase. I believe they go by the date of receipt rather than the date of shipment, so send it off ASAP, since there might be some delays due to the hurricane.

TRUTH

Here you go Michael, read all about it.

New NGC Fee Structure Effective October 1st

Posted by at 9/24/04 5:31:53 PM

New Fee Structure for Collectors Society and ANA members:

Effective October 1, 2004, NGC will be implementing a new fee structure for some of its services.

Fees for Office Walkthrough, Express, World Express, Specialty Gold and Modern submissions remain unchanged. Also unchanged are NGC’s Designation Review and VarietyPlus services.

Early Bird and World Standard will increase to $30, while Gold Rush and World Gold will be $21. Economy and World Value will experience slight increases to $16 and $14, respectively. The fee for Office Reholder will now be $5.

The separate Tiers for Tokens and Medals have been eliminated, and these must now be submitted under regular grading Tiers. The usual conditions for these Tiers will apply.

NGC’s onsite Show grading remains unchanged at $100 for coins valued over $1500, while those valued at $1500 or less will now be $65. Gold coins valued at $1000 or less, when submitted five or more at a time, will be $40 per coin. Guaranteed delivery within four hours of submission at shows may be purchased for an additional $150 per coin under NGC’s Expedite Service. Show Reholder remains at $10 ($50 for coins valued over $10,000).

NGC’s Photo Proof Services have been revised as follows: Deluxe will be $50, and Classic is priced at $40. The Passport is now $28. Duplicates of the Deluxe, Classic and Passport are $20 each. The Photo Proof Paradigm will cost $20 for one copy, $17 for 2-10 copies of the same title, and $15 for 11 or more of the same title.

For a complete listing of NGC Services please visit Services and Submissions

New Fee Structure for NGC Authorized Dealers:

Effective October 1, 2004, NGC will be implementing a new fee structure for some of its services

Dealers, please login to the Dealer Area of the NGC website for a complete listing of NGC Services and pricing information. If you do not already have a login, please contact Customer Service by calling 1.800.NGC.Coin

John

Wow! That seems like awful short notice. This is the first I've heard of it and with yet another hurricane OTW I am not going to have time to put an order together before the increase. frown.gif

This really sucks! I've spent a countless amount of time trying to get submissions typed into the online submission form the past few weeks. SLOWER THAN [!@#%^&^]!!! I've got close to 600 world coins waiting to go in. Given the EXTREMELY slow speed that the online submission form is running I'm not sure I could get the remaining ones typed in on time. And of course the god damn form isn't working now.

Short notice and non-working web sites. Really lousy!

At $14 for 10 day service (closer to 15+) ANACS at 5/$15 is starting to look interesting.

660 coins at $14 per? Holy [!@#%^&^]! 893whatthe.gif I'd have to mortgage my house for that?

Wouldn't you rather buy more coins than waisting money on grading fees? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Forget about ANACS, their grading is absurdly tight. I just bought a recently graded early classic half cent in ANACS MS60BN and it just came back PCGS64BN!!!!!!!! A four point undergrade by ANACS and a $1000 profit for me. grin.gif

TRUTH

660 coins at $14 per? Holy [!@#%^&^]! 893whatthe.gif I'd have to mortgage my house for that?

I intend to get them done at $12 per coin and not $14. If I can't get them done at $12, given the short notice on the fee change and the super slow submission form that has been slowing me down for weeks, I'll get every one of them done at ANACS instead.

Wouldn't you rather buy more coins than waisting money on grading fees? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Want to know what I make slabbing these foreign coins? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcloud9.gif It allows me to buy real coins.

You know, when I first posted my question I wondered how many had seen the rate increase notice given that I hadn't seen any threads about it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Truth and Andy thanks for your responses.

I have to agree with Greg, entering submissions last night was frustrating at best. Luckily I was only entering 12 coins; I can't imagine the pain of entering 600+ coins 893whatthe.gif

My submission goes out first thing tomorrow AM.

NGC - best of luck with Florida's latest bout with Mother Nature.

I had no idea this was about to happen. frown.gif

Instead of increasing the rates for us little guys, why not increase the rates for the hail.gif HSN folks? I wonder if many of the bigtime bulk submitters had their rates increased? If "all of them" is the answer, then I'll feel better. makepoint.gif

Greg, where the hell did you get over 600 quality darkside pieces? Those things must be common as dirt in your neck of the woods. I can hardly find any around here. (Most Montanans haven't traveled outside of MT, Nodak, Sodak, WY, and Hideeho. tongue.gif)

Hoot

Instead of increasing the rates for us little guys, why not increase the rates for the hail.gif HSN folks? I wonder if many of the bigtime bulk submitters had their rates increased? If "all of them" is the answer, then I'll feel better. makepoint.gif

The article mentions a new fee schedule for the dealers, but you need to be a dealer to see what those new fees are. I'm wondering how hard it would be to qualify to become a dealer and would it save much money (and stop me from having to use the online form).

Greg, where the hell did you get over 600 quality darkside pieces? Those things must be common as dirt in your neck of the woods. I can hardly find any around here.

confused-smiley-013.gif Is 600+ quality world coins a lot? devil.gif

I got them a few different places. An old time dealers inventory that hasn't been searched in 3 decades since the new dealer acquired it. Another dealer that travels the world buying collections. The Long Beach show. A couple were mail order. Actually, if I wouldn't have had a short term cash crunch and competition from another forum member, I'd have easily over 1,000 coins to submit and quite possibly 1,500.

Actually, if I wouldn't have had a short term cash crunch and competition from another forum member, I'd have easily over 1,000 coins to submit and quite possibly 1,500.

Wowzers! Sounds like you've had a true adventure. Pretty darn cool. I am a little disappointed in you, however, that you simply didn't kill the "other forum member," take over his organization, enslave his family, and eat his pets.

Hoot

I am a little disappointed in you, however, that you simply didn't kill the "other forum member," take over his organization, enslave his family, and eat his pets.

He's good to keep around. He entertains me while searching for coins and he frequently finds a nice coin, hands it to me and says "This one looks nice, but what am I going to do with it. You want it?" Of course I'll be happy to take it, slab it, and sell it for a $75 profit. cloud9.gif He's slowly learning to not do this. When he fully learns then I will kill him, take his coins, enslave his family, and eat the dog. Until then, it's like having an extra set of eyes.

He's good to keep around. He entertains me while searching for coins and he frequently finds a nice coin, hands it to me and says "This one looks nice, but what am I going to do with it. You want it?" Of course I'll be happy to take it, slab it, and sell it for a $75 profit. cloud9.gif He's slowly learning to not do this. When he fully learns then I will kill him, take his coins, enslave his family, and eat the dog. Until then, it's like having an extra set of eyes.

I wonder who Greg might be talking about? I feel for that guy as I'd hate to have a certain death lingering over my head. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-JamminJ

When he fully learns then I will kill him, take his coins, enslave his family, and eat the dog.

Wouldn't you rather eat the dog, enslave the coins and kill the family? 893whatthe.gif Killing him is probably the best though...

Just curious. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

I wonder who Greg might be talking about? I feel for that guy as I'd hate to have a certain death lingering over my head. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-JamminJ

I'll bet the "other guy" is just a died-in-the-wool collector with a basically good heart. He has, howver, become corrupt and goaded poor Greg into having to "watch his backside" (darkside, whatever). Nothing worse than an untrustworthy sidekick and patsy. This will, no doubt, lead to an untimely death or two, or more. Wonder how that dog's gonna taste? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot

My broadband is down indefinately. Brighthouse, "the 24 hour provider," is closed indefinately.

smile.gif

I think they just didn't want to answer phones to say, "We have no clue when you'll get service back."

My dialup only runs at 23k and I'm going out of town Tuesday. So I'm outta luck getting an order in. confused-smiley-013.gif

Awful sight! laugh.gif But is that the sum total of what you've snatched from under Margulies' nose? (No nose hairs, I hope.) You're not working hard enough! wink.gif

Hoot

Hey, the prices listed on the submission form are the new prices. It's too early for that! mad.gif

I assume that since the coins will actually arrive before the rate change that the $14 listed on the submission form will be changed to $12 when it is processed.

I intend to have my coins there before the deadline even if it means spending $109.65 on express mail postage. Christo_pull_hair.gif

But is that the sum total of what you've snatched from under Margulies' nose?

Greg was actually nice enough to hand a few of them over to me. He muttered something about not needing more than 50 1963 Netherlands Antillies one cents in 65 red.

yay.gif

-JamminJ