• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PCGS Forum Down?

116 posts in this topic

The great tragedy is that I cannot rerun the roller coaster picture in the PM forum for the umpteenth time!!!!!!

Gee...are you subliminally stating the PM's are like a roller coaster, sometimes it's up and yet other times it's down?

As a matter if fact, no.

The PCGS forums appear to be down and folks come over here to see if its really down or maybe its their PC/LapTop/Iphone/Tablet. Whats wrong with that?

Lee

Would it be OK to go to the Coke forums and ask if the Pepsi site is down? Would it be OK to post on these forums and ask if the Teletubbies site is down? Is this now the site to ask about other sites?

Yes. Get over it.

Do Pepsi and Coke really forums??

I suspect you're not a business owner. Otherwise you'd have a different opinion on leeches and disruption.

Greg:

It strikes me that it's hard to "disrupt" a chat board with two threads. For instance, there was NO need for you to open this thread if you thought it either "disruptive" or "leechative" (though I expect "leechative is not a word... :) )

Frankly, my hope is that whenever the PCGS chat board goes down, PCGS loses the names of the members who have been banned so that anyone who wants to return can do so. Sadly I doubt that will happen.

Mark

This is the longest outage that I have seen over there. They must be doing major surgery on the site, or they must have a major problem. Or perhaps we've all been banned and don't know it yet. ;)

When you, Colonel Jessup and RWB are logged-in the average IQ jumps noticeably....

Greg:

It strikes me that it's hard to "disrupt" a chat board with two threads. For instance, there was NO need for you to open this thread if you thought it either "disruptive" or "leechative" (though I expect "leechative is not a word... :) )

Frankly, my hope is that whenever the PCGS chat board goes down, PCGS loses the names of the members who have been banned so that anyone who wants to return can do so. Sadly I doubt that will happen.

Mark

Just FYI: many of the formerly banned users HAVE been asked back. I'm pretty sure Mark Feld and Greg are two of them (not entirely sure about Greg). However, I think both have declined that offer....

jom

Jom:

It's too bad if what you say is the case. I wish those offered the ability to return would accept and then simply not post rather than decline. At least if they accepted, the option to post would lie with them rather than the "Powers That Be" ATS.

Mark

Banned and then asked to return? Slap in the face yet go back? Kudos to Mark and Greg for not giving into the tyranny of ATS. (worship)

Best, HT

I think you have to first request to return to the PCGS coin forums. Mark or anyone else---Have you ever been asked by Don Willis to return?

agree with greg.................................

in the distant future i could see pcgs forumice applying for disability if the pcgs motherboards go down for more than 36 hours twice a year

diapering might also be in order

As a matter if fact, no.

The PCGS forums appear to be down and folks come over here to see if its really down or maybe its their PC/LapTop/Iphone/Tablet. Whats wrong with that?

Lee

Would it be OK to go to the Coke forums and ask if the Pepsi site is down? Would it be OK to post on these forums and ask if the Teletubbies site is down? Is this now the site to ask about other sites?

Yes. Get over it.

I suspect you're not a business owner. Otherwise you'd have a different opinion on leeches and disruption.

true

Greg:

Mark

Just FYI: many of the formerly banned users HAVE been asked back. I'm pretty sure Mark Feld and Greg are two of them (not entirely sure about Greg). However, I think both have declined that offer....

jom

I have not been asked to come back. And, without receiving an apology (which I am extremely confident would not be forthcoming) I would not go back.

I'm not reading 8 pages of back and forth but short of dropping the f bomb or similar misconduct I just can't imagine Members of a chat board being banned for anything. If the powers that be ATS are that thin skinned that they can't bear critical thinking (wherever it may lead) then they need to get a grip.

I think they will continue to do fine without me since I'm prone to be opinionated anyway.

Mark, Is there any responsibility on your part for your second banning?

Pat, I have sent you a PM detailing the specifics and will let you be the judge of that.

In my opinion, Mark's banning is from his willingness to "speak truth to power." I respect everything Mark says; I wish the same statement could be made about the powers ATS. And I really wish he was able to post ATS. Of course, his current employer, Heritage, might prefer he do more work for them :) but I just like to read his comments. And, unfortunately, I do not spend enough time over here. I don't know why; I guess it's just a habit of mine to go ATS ...

Mark

Greg:

Mark

jom

I have not been asked to come back. And, without receiving an apology (which I am extremely confident would not be forthcoming) I would not go back.

Sorry...my mistake.

jom

As a matter if fact, no.

Lee

Yes. Get over it.

I doubt it.

Is it this attitude which got you banned over there, where you hung out with regularity, in the first place? Once banned, now you hang out over here and damn anybody that wanders over from there for whatever reason. No doubt, you have an axe to grind but grinding it on the heads of folks that come here when PCGS is down (like you did) just doesn't seem right.

Leeches? .

Disruption?

Sheesh. Next time, I suppose I could ask who "owns" the forums before posting but I think its safe to assume that NGC owns this one.

Not gmarguli.

Greg:

Mark

jom

Sorry...my mistake.

jom

No problem. And technically you were correct. I was invited back and accepted, a previous time, years ago. ;)

Man if you think Mr. Felds problem is bad, didn't Laura of Legend not only loose her privileges to post ATS but also her status of a (you know the letters) dealer? In other words she could not even submit coins for grading. Those privileges have since been re-instated but she was advised not to create anymore 'flame wars' but for her that is an impossible task, so she has opted never to post again under this agreement.

I maybe way off base here, so much has happened in the past, it's hard to keep straight, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I recall the thread where Mark got "re-"banned. He was actually, if I do recall correctly, defending PCGS and was misinterpreted by HRH and was banned.

I recall the thread where Mark got "re-"banned. He was actually, if I do recall correctly, defending PCGS and was misinterpreted by HRH and was banned.

Ron, I wouldn't say I was defending PCGS. But I was was attempting to take a neutral stance, while asking a question of/making a point to David Hall. I do agree with you that I was misinterpreted, however.

Ron, I wouldn't say I was defending PCGS. But I was was attempting to take a neutral stance, while asking a question of/making a point to David Hall. I do agree with you that I was misinterpreted, however.

Off with his head!!

jom

I'm not reading 8 pages of back and forth but short of dropping the f bomb or similar misconduct I just can't imagine Members of a chat board being banned for anything. If the powers that be ATS are that thin skinned that they can't bear critical thinking (wherever it may lead) then they need to get a grip.

I think they will continue to do fine without me since I'm prone to be opinionated anyway.

I stick to try to limiting myself to providing information over there. Going any further than that can get you into trouble. I was warned once about questioning the wisdom of the purchase of a PCGS graded coin at a record shattering price (paying a 6 figure price for a coin that looked to be worth $40,000 or so to me). They could ban you for posing pictures of a coin graded by anyone except PCGS although I've never had a problem with that. You have think twice about what you say over there.

It makes me a little sad that when ATS was down there were not more substantive posts here. Most of posts, as we see form length of this string were devoted to lamenting the fact that the site was down.

I stick to try to limiting myself to providing information over there. Going any further than that can get you into trouble. I was warned once about questioning the wisdom of the purchase of a PCGS graded coin at a record shattering price (paying a 6 figure price for a coin that looked to be worth $40,000 or so to me). They could ban you for posing pictures of a coin graded by anyone except PCGS although I've never had a problem with that. You have think twice about what you say over there.

It makes me a little sad that when ATS was down there were not more substantive posts here. Most of posts, as we see form length of this string were devoted to lamenting the fact that the site was down.

I would not agree it is quite so extreme ATS that posting pix of a non-PCGS coin might get you in trouble. The rules are pretty straightforward and not unreasonable, IMO.

Still, occasionally passion speaks up. I have criticized PCGS for not handling misattributions more fairly, for their slothful handling of guarantee submissions (I once waited 9 months for six coins), for blatant mistakes in grading. And more. I simply try to keep it balanced and avoid hysterics, name calling, etc.

Lance.