• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PCGS Forum Down?

116 posts in this topic

As a matter if fact, no.

The PCGS forums appear to be down and folks come over here to see if its really down or maybe its their PC/LapTop/Iphone/Tablet. Whats wrong with that?

Lee

Would it be OK to go to the Coke forums and ask if the Pepsi site is down? Would it be OK to post on these forums and ask if the Teletubbies site is down? Is this now the site to ask about other sites?

Yes. Get over it.

Do Pepsi and Coke really forums??

I suspect you're not a business owner. Otherwise you'd have a different opinion on leeches and disruption.

I doubt it.

Is it this attitude which got you banned over there, where you hung out with regularity, in the first place? Once banned, now you hang out over here and damn anybody that wanders over from there for whatever reason. No doubt, you have an axe to grind but grinding it on the heads of folks that come here when PCGS is down (like you did) just doesn't seem right.

Leeches? .

Disruption?

Sheesh. Next time, I suppose I could ask who "owns" the forums before posting but I think its safe to assume that NGC owns this one.

Not gmarguli.

Wow, clearly reading comprehension and critical analysis is not your forte. (thumbs u

Once banned, now you hang out over here and damn anybody that wanders over from there for whatever reason. No doubt, you have an axe to grind but grinding it on the heads of folks that come here when PCGS is down (like you did) just doesn't seem right.

Greg isn't grinding axes...he just didn't think coming over here to ask what's wrong with another forum is appropriate. His point seemed obvious to me not "whatever reason". I still think some carefully placed PMs would have been better....

And more. I simply try to keep it balanced and avoid hysterics, name calling, etc.

Lance.

Ah....but where's the fun in that? :devil:

jom

Really? Two posts about this same mess? Do you people have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about the PCGS forums?

lol! I love it! :)

Really? Two posts about this same mess? Do you people have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about the PCGS foru :cool: ms?

Really? Do you have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about a thread about the PCGS forum? Really? :devil:

What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Boo.

Mark, Is there any responsibility on your part for your second banning?

I recall the thread where Mark got "re-"banned. He was actually, if I do recall correctly, defending PCGS and was misinterpreted by HRH and was banned.

Personally, I love PCGS. They just don't love me back, sometimes. As for Mark, I don't know what they got against him. It must be something real important, though. I mean, considering this is the big brain over there who keeps banning him. I need another Franziskaner...

Once banned, now you hang out over here and damn anybody that wanders over from there for whatever reason. No doubt, you have an axe to grind but grinding it on the heads of folks that come here when PCGS is down (like you did) just doesn't seem right.

Greg isn't grinding axes...he just didn't think coming over here to ask what's wrong with another forum is appropriate. His point seemed obvious to me not "whatever reason". I still think some carefully placed PMs would have been better....

And more. I simply try to keep it balanced and avoid hysterics, name calling, etc.

Lance.

jom

19Lyds,

Greg's attitude wasn't the reason he got banned from ATS. I forget the exact details (too long ago), but I was the one who accidentally got him banned. Greg had made an innocent post here about a sensitive topic. I went ATS and linked that post from here to there, and his words got totally misconstrued.

EVP

I hear they are quick to ban people there for little reason.

In many ways, I think this is a fair assessment and there are several posters banned over there that did nothing more than express honest opinions in an articulate, truthful, and genuine manner, but PCGS did not agree with the stated opinions. In fairness, however, a number of people banned over there too deserved to be banned. Once upon a time, there was a lot of disorder over there (more traffic = more posters = increased opportunity for conflict), so stricter rules were needed. I do, however, think they have taken this too far. Posters should not be booted for politely and articulately expressing dissent from the majority view.

In my opinion, whenever a company president/CEO, etc., takes a very authoritarian stance against legitimate disagreement, one should consider the source. In my opinion, Don Willis has an inferiority complex and perhaps he is overcompensating and taking it out on the board members ATS. But then again, I'm not a psychiatrist. ;) Of course, this is all my opinion (i.e. read as entirely subjective and prone to dissenting views - but I'm actually okay with genuine dissent unlike some people :) ).

Lance.

jom

19Lyds,

Greg's attitude wasn't the reason he got banned from ATS. I forget the exact details (too long ago), but I was the one who accidentally got him banned. Greg had made an innocent post here about a sensitive topic. I went ATS and linked that post from here to there, and his words got totally misconstrued.

EVP

Thanks for the update.

When you got in trouble with the principal in grade school what mattered was how you handled it, not what you did wrong.

Lance.

I hear they are quick to ban people there for little reason.
I think it also matters what clique you run in. I've seen some post things that were obviously crossing the line and there was no recourse when there were others who tiptoed near the line and were banned.

Are you in the cool kid crowd? If so, then you can cross the line from time to time.

It is nice when someone provides a link for ATS, I put it in my favorites, which allows me to check in there once in while to see if anything is worth reading....MAILMAN

It is definitely ironic--and telling--that aside from two sticky threads, the thread discussing the PCGS boards has more posts than any other thread on the first page. Thankfully there are some other actual coin-related threads that are worth reading!

Mark

They don't take criticism over there very well, and that's kind of a problem for them. You want to last, you don't raise controversial topics. You be a good boy, and you swim with the current.

It is definitely ironic--and telling--that aside from two sticky threads, the thread discussing the PCGS boards has more posts than any other thread on the first page. Thankfully there are some other actual coin-related threads that are worth reading!

Mark

We take our criticism seriously.

Na, the forums are up, but I don't believe they've given back the shoelaces or belts since the boards have been crashing frequently. Sheets may have been taken away as well.

I am really surprised how this post really got people going.

Can we all agree that PCGS (Whether you are a PCGS guy or not) has been a tad slow to embrace this mystifying thing called the web and they can be a tad empty minded when it comes to service?

I might be opening up a can of worms but just so everybody knows-I grade all through PCGS so I am not some NGC fanboy hating on the competition.

...i'm not saying it makes any difference one way or another but you do realize they monitor these boards ATS and it has been said or alleged that some were banned because of some comments said about them over here. just sayin' :devil:

...i'm not saying it makes any difference one way or another but you do realize they monitor these boards ATS and it has been said or alleged that some were banned because of some comments said about them over here. just sayin' :devil:

That's why the more conscientious members will simply use a different moniker ATS. :devil: Then again, I do wonder how many of those banned were due to PCGS moderators scanning the boards versus those being reported by other members.

Seems a bit paranoid really.

I have heard that. Not heard much hard evidence to back it up but would not be entirely shocked by it if was true.

I have been contacted by PCGS more than once based on posts here. I have also been told by high ups in both companies that they actively read the competitions forums.

I have heard that. Not heard much hard evidence to back it up but would not be entirely shocked by it if was true.

I have been contacted by PCGS more than once based on posts here. I have also been told by high ups in both companies that they actively read the competitions forums.

Once they figure out how to read minds, I'll be toast.

Actually, its fairly ChiShi to ban someone because of what is stated in a forum operated by a different TPG.