• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Lot

32 posts in this topic

So I've learned a lot-seems most people online. No matter if on a coin forum, ebay, CL, etc-they are mainly time wasters. I have a large amount of silver. Some rolls of Peace dollars but everything else is .999 silver. Hundreds of Silver Eagles-all in rolls and some silver bars. Now when I came to this site I was very curious how transactions even occurred when you do not even know the general location of the person you are speaking to. So-many people suggested paypal. I was ok with it-never done it but took 5 minutes to look at it and seemed ok. So-the silver is for sale. If you are actually interested in buying then message me. If you are in Indiana-Ohio-Illinois maybe we can do deal in person which would be a tad easier I think.

Thanks

Not all time wasters..

After you contacted me about buying your silver, I offered to buy it all - but you have to understand that it's not easy to send $15,000 to a new user with no references that you never dealt with before.

Even If you sold to apmex, you would have to send the silver over and they will pay you AFTER they get it, not up front..

Not all time wasters..

After you contacted me about buying your silver, I offered to buy it all - but you have to understand that it's not easy to send $15,000 to a new user with no references that you never dealt with before.

Even If you sold to apmex, you would have to send the silver over and they will pay you AFTER they get it, not up front..

I agree with this. How about trying to sell just some of your silver in smaller lots and build a positive reputation with many of the board members here. A good reputation carries a lot of weight around here. I've had very positive experiences with buying/selling to board members here and I strive to continue those great buying/selling relationships with those that I have done business with so far. A good name and a good reputation goes a long way, especially in a community as large as the one we have here.

Not all time wasters..

I agree with this. How about trying to sell just some of your silver in smaller lots and build a positive reputation with many of the board members here. A good reputation carries a lot of weight around here. I've had very positive experiences with buying/selling to board members here and I strive to continue those great buying/selling relationships with those that I have done business with so far. A good name and a good reputation goes a long way, especially in a community as large as the one we have here.

I actually offered him to buy one roll of eagles first and see where we go from there. I offered references from well-known members here, my 1700-feedback 100% positive eBay account as a reference etc.. But still, even for 1 roll, I could not agree to pay up front.

I agree that good reputation goes a long way. I've just recently sent $1000's worth of coins on consignment to a few different people here to sell for me, and I trust them with my money. Even just a few small and successful deals would help.

I really think I am way to start-I do not expect retail prices but after talking to lots of people I think there is a a few dollar premium for the Eagles

this forum is great to sell stuff, you just need to have some more posts under your belt and references and you will be all good. However since your new, people are very hesitant.........lots of scammers out there

Red Llama,

Did you even have any silver?? Seems all you wanted to sell or trade to me was rubes and I have no use for a $5,000 to $13,000 colored rocks. "YOU" wasted my time!!!

So I've learned a lot-seems most people online. No matter if on a coin forum, ebay, CL, etc-they are mainly time wasters. I have a large amount of silver. Some rolls of Peace dollars but everything else is .999 silver. Hundreds of Silver Eagles-all in rolls and some silver bars. Now when I came to this site I was very curious how transactions even occurred when you do not even know the general location of the person you are speaking to. So-many people suggested paypal. I was ok with it-never done it but took 5 minutes to look at it and seemed ok. So-the silver is for sale. If you are actually interested in buying then message me. If you are in Indiana-Ohio-Illinois maybe we can do deal in person which would be a tad easier I think.

Thanks

You wasted MY time by reading this garbage. You start your post with an insult, I don't think you are going to sell much that way!

How much are you looking for a roll of peace dollars? With melt value today below $18/each let me know how much you are looking for.

My references from transactions on this board are in my signature block and I am sure I missed a couple. I have 100% feedback on eBay and have been on there since 2002 or 2003. If you want to sell a roll of peace dollars and willing to send first I can pay by either Paypal or US postal money order and I will add you to my signature block. :popcorn:

Thanks

Or we could follow forum rules and state the price...

First-you offered trade after trade. You wanted to trade me 'commemorative coins' for silver. No

Second-broken English? Where exactly do you see broken English?

First-you offered trade after trade. You wanted to trade me 'commemorative coins' for silver. No

Second-broken English? Where exactly do you see broken English?

I really think I am way to start-I do not expect retail prices but after talking to lots of people I think there is a a few dollar premium for the Eagles

First, I have offered you NOTHING! I am not foolish enough to deal with you!

Secondly, where I come from (United States), that is broken English.

MM

We usually got that a typo. Broken English really would require I be a non-native speaker who does not quite get the grasp of said language (In this case English) especially its grammar.

This site proves my point-all time wasters.

If anybody who is legitimate is reading this still I am sorry but not interested. I can't go through the flurry of post and messages most of which seem to lack of sense of purpose. Mainly people who just like to talk (or write I guess).

Oh I'm sorry but some very smart people told me I do not speak English.

No estoy interesado.

I believe the broken English remark was because you have hyphens in places that are not necessary and tend to run on with your attempted sentences.

"We usually got that a typo." <-- This is not a sentence.

"This site proves my point-all time wasters." <-- You simply should have used the word "you're" instead, it would have worked better than a hyphen.

If you are going to be rude for a stupid reason then maybe you should re-read all your posts before clicking the "Submit" button. :banana:

lol MM.....some people just don't listen!!

Bud

I do not think it is because he does not listen. He just does not comprehend English well enough to get what we are saying....

So...... :troll:

MM

Red Llama,

Might I suggest that you consign your coins to someone who you trust and is in the business? That way your time isn't wasted, you get close to full value (less comission) and you don't have to worry about payment. Sounds like a win-win-win for you.

If you do want to sell here in this forum rules state you HAVE to state a price or offer it for trade. I have done a few deals on here and have had no bad experiences, but I did have to send my end of the transaction first because I was a purchaser/seller "newbie" in this forum.

I put a legitimate offer on the table with no response. Not sure what you expect...

He expects you to send him money first. I've been dealing with him over on the other board.

That is what he told me after first not posting prices on the ad,

then me asking what the price was,

then him asking what my offer was,

then he called me rude when I didn't reply.

Finally he sent me a price that was good, so I said lets do the deal, you ship first since you are brand new and I have the feedback and lots of deals under my belt. Well, he said he wasn't dumb enough to do that. Yeah, right.....

I think the chances that this kid has thousands of dollars of silver to sell are about the same as my chickens laying a gold egg tomorrow.

Talk about a waste of time!!!!

I made him a solid offer and in the same message I said it would be two days before I got back to him. about 18 hours later I got a profanity filled message because I hadn't gotten back to him.

I have blocked him. I won't do business with him even if he is legit.

Good luck to anyone who does business with him.

It's almost like a different person wrote the posts when it came to explaining his 'broken English'. Quite the proper observation on the subject, considering most of his posts do NOT reflect a proper grasp on the English language. Consider his posts up until the 'explanation' post.....seems like it could be a different person, OR the OP knows what he's doing (gotta be 100% spot on that we 'have another one', though it HAS been awhile). He plays the broken English card out of the gate (but I'll bet is fluent in English, or his 'partner' is using proper English/grammar).....then can speak perfectly, a newbie that wants money first (lol...EVERYONE that is legit understands why it works that way. Someone wanna try for a personal, face-to-face deal? Bet there'll be an excuse for that, also. This whole thing wreaks of nonsense, and it isn't someone I'd deal with, no way.

Who wants to send a newbie 15 grand, with no references?????? C'mon, EVERYONE's hand should be raised.....LOLOL

Now, move along for the next jokester, please.......but, boy, these guys found out quickly, don't they???. They definitely come to the wrong place to try this , here and ATS....better odds on ebay selling in smaller amounts...but he'd have to wait for pos feedback to get his $$, so you know THAT is out of the question. I just don't know why these kind of people come to a forum like this (or ATS) and try to pull this, when there should be at LEAST an implied modicum of numismatic intelligence. Just baffling to me, but to come here and try to pull off such an amateurish scam is, well, just baffling.

I put a legitimate offer on the table with no response. Not sure what you expect...

He expects you to send him money first. I've been dealing with him over on the other board.

That is what he told me after first not posting prices on the ad,

then me asking what the price was,

then him asking what my offer was,

then he called me rude when I didn't reply.

Finally he sent me a price that was good, so I said lets do the deal, you ship first since you are brand new and I have the feedback and lots of deals under my belt. Well, he said he wasn't dumb enough to do that. Yeah, right.....

I think the chances that this kid has thousands of dollars of silver to sell are about the same as my chickens laying a gold egg tomorrow.

Talk about a waste of time!!!!

If you are listing golden eggs for sale you should follow the guidelines also. Just sayin'

I think they allready band him ATS, as he has not responded to the thread he started. They are quick over there. lol. I'm sure he will disappear soon. He (they) must have realized thier not going to get paid here or there! Cya Llama! :hi:

Now he's playing eBay police, showing what a good guy he is. He's just looking out for us. :angel: