• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2 worst words a Seller can receive in a PM

23 posts in this topic

Based upon experience, when you think you have a deal, the buyer sends a PM that starts with "my wife".

OK end of mini-rant. Just completed a great deal ATS with a buyer who is single....hurray!

I am sure I am not alone on this topic!

Have a great weekend everyone.

I am going to be married 40 years June 9th. My wife goes to coin show with me and

doesn't buy anything. However she really seems to enjoy my collecting as much as I

do. She always wants to see what I got and to hear about why I picked that one.

I am going to be married 40 years June 9th. My wife goes to coin show with me and

doesn't buy anything. However she really seems to enjoy my collecting as much as I

do. She always wants to see what I got and to hear about why I picked that one.

Congratulations! I'm getting married in 10 days and my fiancée is very similar. She likes looking at the coins and hearing about them.

Yes, when I was a dealer I lost a couple of customers because the complained about what he was spending. Yet she could spend similar amounts on stuff that had no long term value, and that was fine.

Yes, when I was a dealer I lost a couple of customers because the complained about what he was spending. Yet she could spend similar amounts on stuff that had no long term value, and that was fine.

The unfair cycle of life.. ha ha ha

My wife (when she was only my fiance at the time) was a pain like that, complaining about how much I spent on coins...until I sold off my nearly complete set of Morgan Dollars to pay for her dream (month-long) honeymoon across Europe.

She now lets me buy what I wish, but usually asks about the resale value...lol. I hope she's not planning another trip!

...but usually asks about the resale value...lol. I hope she's not planning another trip!
Has she been seen frequenting the local jewelers? lol

...but usually asks about the resale value...lol. I hope she's not planning another trip!
Has she been seen frequenting the local jewelers? lol

lol Yes, women always have hidden agendas. If she's not happy---YOU'RE gonna be unhappy, b/c she will make you that way. (tsk):insane::o

I guess I'm fortunate as my wife lets me enjoy my hobby buying coins with no questions. She's actually gotten pretty interested in my hobby when I show her coins and explain why this is that and so on.

I guess I'm fortunate as my wife lets me enjoy my hobby buying coins with no questions. She's actually gotten pretty interested in my hobby when I show her coins and explain why this is that and so on.

Mine too and I thought I was blessed, until she started spending my Morgan money on modern commems. :frustrated::roflmao:

My wife's eyes glaze over when I talk about any of my stuff, about like mine do when she talks about how much she saved me at the latest sale

rather than let her be in control, I'll trade you some unsearched rolls of whatever you want from my local bank for your Morgans, We'll show her!!!!

Anything under $100 I can buy on my own authorization. $100 to $500 requires me to notify the wife of what I am getting. $501 to $1000 requires a long discussion. ANY coin I look at that is is over $1000 requires a powerpoint presentation!

I'm still sending her flowers over my 1879 CC GSA!

Anything under $100 I can buy on my own authorization. $100 to $500 requires me to notify the wife of what I am getting. $501 to $1000 requires a long discussion. ANY coin I look at that is is over $1000 requires a powerpoint presentation!

You better buy a florist when you find the 91-CC you're looking for!

You better buy a florist when you find the 91-CC you're looking for!

:signfunny:

Too funny.

Lance.

When I retired (for the second time) I started collecting coins. My darling Cajun wife was so excited that I had something to do besides play golf she jumped right in and started collecting stamps!!! I am also very lucky. She is excited about us going to our first coin show in July.

Bud