• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Follow-up from previous post

10 posts in this topic

Wanted to do this for a long time

As promised and following others lead here, I can now expose my "other" new found hobby funded in part by the partial sale of my Kennedy Collection. I am in the home stretch of my new car. Well actually not new, it's a 1923 Ford Model T Bucket. I have been modifying it for the last 2 months getting ready for upcoming car shows. It has a 383 Chevy Stroker engine with competition cam. Put in a brand new Eaton Posi rear-end with 3.55 gears and just mounted the brand new Mickey Thompson street radials on it tonight. There are much more details about my new 23 T but this gives you an idea of how I will be spending my summer

13493.jpg

See more journals by moondoggy

That's a sweet looking ride right there! I've got a Chevy 383 stroker in my mud racing truck. Those engines are tough! Next step is a supercharger! What kind of fuel are you running in that stroker? I would love to get into rat rods and cars like this.

Oh yeah! I'm running open headers on my truck so it definitely sounds like a beast! I'm running 100 octane low-lead aviation gas in mine. With the higher compression ratio, a hotter burning fuel works wonders! Plus the lead in the fuel helps lubricate some of the internals. I've tried using 93 octane but the valves start ticking and it just doesnt seem to run right. But the 100 low lead works like a dream!

Oh my! Can I have a ride? Huh, Can I? Huh?

I years ago fixed up my Dad's 1959 Chev P/U that he bought new in 1958. My brother had abandoned it in the trees and there was no motor, tranny, floor boards in the box and lotsa rust. I will try to dig up a pic to show sometime. Cuz my wife and I don't have kids I gave it to my Nephew years ago and has been driving it since as weather permits. Maybe I will get a pic from him.

NICE CAR, Can I really, REALLY have a ride?????

Hi Mike,

That is one sweet ride! You should "trailer" that baby and bring it out here to Reno for Hot August Nights. It would sure turn some heads and it would be fun to to see ya cruisin' down Virginia Steet in it!!

Jeffrey