• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week #47

22 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Here we go. Danielle's away at a show, so I get to post the question this time. Check back on Monday to see how y'all did.

QUESTION: Olive C. Bosbyshell was a longtime employee of the Philadelphia Mint, rising to the position of superintendent in 1889. He had another claim to fame that had nothing to do with coins. What was it?

Oliver C. Bosbyshell was an officer of the Pennsylvania volunteers of the Civil War (Forty-eighth Regiment, Company G Recruited at Pottsville, Schuylkill County) and wrote "The 48th in the War, being a Narrative of the Campaigns of the 48th Regiment, Infantry, Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteers during the War of the Rebellion"

Hoot

Olive C. Bosbyshell fought with distinction in the Civil War with the Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteers, rising from private to colonel. He later wrote a book called '48th Regiment in the War' about his experience.

He was a Civil War volunteer in the 48th Regiment-Company G.

He authored When And Where I Saw Lincoln and The 48th In The War (Being a Narrative of the Campaigns of the 48th Regiment, Infantry, Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteers During the War of the Rebellion).

The question: Olive C. Bosbyshell was a longtime employee of the Philadelphia Mint, rising to the position of superintendent in 1889. He had another claim to fame. What was it?

The answer we were looking for was: He was the first Union soldier injured during the Civil War.

The winner with the closest answer is mhooten!

Your prize is a coupon for 3 free earlybirds.

The runner up winner with another correct answer is wolfy.

Your prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks for your participation!

Looks like he was famous for many things,besides numismatics.How could you tell one from the other with those clues. I think most of us were right.Especially me since I was the first to post!

I think I should have won this week, because you gave no mention of why he was famous and anything to do for the civil war! I think that most of us were right posting different answers of why he was famous. As he was famous for a lot of different reasons. I would like a recount,Please.