• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Camera- New Coin- Opinions on grade and photo quality

10 posts in this topic

MS62, pictures overall are pretty good but I take horrible pictures so I will let the experts provide their constructive criticism.

I was leaning towards a 61 or a 62. I think there is a little too much chatter on the cheek and in the field to the left of the bust. The reverse is a little cleaner but there are still some distractions. I finally broke down and bought a DSLR camera today. I'm working on getting a macro lens right now. They didn't have anything for a reasonable price. It was either a cheap lens, $75-$130, or a very expensive lens, over $1000, at Best Buy. So I'm going to shop around and see what I can find.

MS63

That is what I really need to get is a nice camera set up. One of those little booth type curtain enclosures with 3 and 4 lights inside and a good camera for the stand.

I think it was ATS on the forum there that someone had written up a really good informative article on how to get good lighting and pictures. The even went so far as to include block diagrams in a presentation type format.

Maybe I can find it again or someone else may be familliar with the thread in reference.

I've also been experimenting with taking my pictures next to an open window and using natural daylight. From what I've read in several threads about lighting techniques, it seems that you can get just about the same results with different lighting. It depends on how well your camera is set up. I think the set up of the camera and getting all the settings just right is the most important factor.

That is the one I was talking about. I was not sure if that was here or over there. I agree; Excellent and very Informative!