• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I will be posting here less frequently, beginning later this month..

57 posts in this topic

Please don't take it personally. ;)

Dear client,

Below, please find my latest list of rare coin offerings. You will, no doubt, notice that this list is considerably smaller than most others you have received from me over the years.

And there is good reason for that. I have been slowing down my buying, in preparation for a big and exciting change in the course of my numismatic career:

I am pleased and proud to announce that later this month, I will be joining Heritage Auctions and working out of their headquarters in Dallas.

More accurately, I will be rejoining Heritage, where I worked previously, more than twenty five years ago.

Heritage will have me involved with a number of different areas within the company, but I hope to remain in touch with many of you and continue to assist you in your numismatic pursuits. Most of you probably need no introduction to Heritage and know they’re a talented, experienced and innovative group to work with. If you are not already working with them in some capacity or another, then I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to show you how to take advantage of all that they can offer.

I will continue to use my same email address and cell number, so please contact me anytime!

Due to my upcoming move, I do not plan to do any shipping after Friday of this week. So if you wish to purchase any of the coins listed below, please get back to me before then.

Coins are great, but it is the relationships with collectors like you which make our hobby so memorable and special. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your business, for your friendship and for making my "job" so enjoyable and rewarding.

Best always,

Mark

We will miss you...I'm happy for you on the new position! But moving to Dallas? Argh...I'm not sure I could do that myself.

Best of luck and see you at Long Beach I hope!

jom

Best wishes for you, Mark. I've always enjoyed your comments here and browsing through the offerings on your site.

I guess this means we won't be seeing as many of Charmy's "guess who this is" photos.

However, if this means that you will now be a Cowboys fan, good riddance!

Chris

Mark,

I always looked forward to your posts and comments. I have learned a lot from you these past few years. Good luck in your new venture.

You will certainly be missed. Thank you for all of the years of helpful insight and advice. It truly is appreciated.

Does this mean that you won't be touring the major national coin shows and that there will be no more Charmy show reports with photos of you? ;)

Thats great news on your new opportunity and sad news not to be hearing much of you anymore. Congrats Mark and I hope your new endeavor brings you great reward my friend. You'll be closer to me, lol.

Congratulations Mark!

If this were yesterday, I would question it ;), but since it is today, I will just wish you a congratulations.

I didn't receive the email, so I must have already been axed ;)

I will miss getting your coins-for-sale emails as you have always dealt in great coins and for a fair price. Some of my best coins are from you and are being held onto tightly with a NFS sticker on them :)

Again, best to you as you move into your next role (and a move from CA to TX)

I will miss getting your coins-for-sale emails as you have always dealt in great coins and for a fair price. Some of my best coins are from you and are being held onto tightly with a NFS sticker on them :)

Agreed! Here's the last one I picked up from Mark and it's a beauty. Post a coin you purchased from Mark. Good luck and best wishes!

2684f853-4bdb-4cb3-8b75-3d1b7ef135a7_zpsd527d3f3.jpg

Agreed! Here's the last one I picked up from Mark and it's a beauty. Post a coin you purchased from Mark. Good luck and best wishes!

2684f853-4bdb-4cb3-8b75-3d1b7ef135a7_zpsd527d3f3.jpg

I wish I could, but every coin I wanted was sold faster than I could respond!

Again Mark, congrats. Hope I get to work with you at some point while your at Heritage.

Best of luck in your new endeavor Mark. Try not to melt in our Texas summers! Thanks for all the information that you have always been forthcoming with, I personally have enjoyed having you as my personal coin mentor, even though you may not have known that you were!

Wishing you the best in your newest venture, and please do continue to post here whenever you get a chance, and have something to discuss with us, even if less frequently than now.

Mark,

I don't know you that well. Just from digesting your responses in this forum, I know that you have a high regard for fair, honest dealing in numismatics. Heritage is fortunate to have you rejoining the company.

What will be your position with Heritage? I may be sending in a few dozen coins for consignment so pm me if that is your area.

Best wishes on a new direction and I hope it brings you very much satisfaction.

Carl