• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copy Stand-Edited---Help Soon Please!! See my last post.

31 posts in this topic

I bought me a Canon T4i. My homemade copystand worked great with my point and shoot, but this T4i is a little heavier, so I'm looking at getting this copystand for it. Has anyone used one of these? Does it look like it should do the job? Thanks!

Copy Stand

It's junk, Bobby! I made the mistake of buying this same one (except with the light fixtures.) The gears are plastic and the camera mount wobbles because it is so cheap. I used it three times and one of the plastic screw clamps broke.

Chris

I had Googled the Zykkor at one point and read very poor reviews for the piece. I have a very solid copy stand and would suggest a solid one to other folks, too.

I appreciate it Tom. I don't do this professionally and only need it to pic my own coins. I really don't want to pay a whole lot for one but one that can handle me using it once or twice a month to take pics with. Won't be any extreme use at all.

Hoping for some feedback. I'm looking at a Testrite 23C with lights. Ends in a couple hrs. I would like to bid if ya'll think this would be a good setup. Not sure what its worth either. Thanks for any help!!

Good stand but pass on the lights. They are too large and you cant get them close enough to really get all the light you can onto the coins surface. I would go with smaller more compact lights from a desk lamps or something like that...

Good stand but pass on the lights. They are too large and you cant get them close enough to really get all the light you can onto the coins surface. I would go with smaller more compact lights from a desk lamps or something like that...

Well it's a package deal. Maybe I can change the lamp hoods out or even take them? What ya think?

Yea I got busy and missed the end of auction and lost it. :P I've been searching but most the prices of these things are above my budget. Hoping to just find a nice used one for a decent price.

The stand has to have enough mass to support the camera, and the camera has to be positioned so that you can look in the viewfinder without being a giraffe.

(Giraffe's do not make good photographers - I've tried them - constantly getting stuck in elevators and always wanting to travel first class "for the head room."

I actually have my laptop next to the stand. I'm using a canon T4i with the EOS utility so I can take the pic from live view on the computer. I messed with a few pics last nite. I think it will work out pretty decent once I get more practice with adjusting the lights. The bulbs are very bright and I almost have to turn them 180degrees from the coin to get glare off of it.

Well I got this in the other day. I like it!!

copystand_zps112a540a.jpg

Which one did you get, Bobby. What sort of height adjustment is used on the column? It looks like it is just a slide with a locking screw.

Is that a cue case hanging on the wall? (thumbs u

Chris

Not really a brand name Chris. It's a tilted 26-28" column. It has the adjustable wheel on the side and a lockdown screw on the back. The lights are 30W flourescent that give off 300w of light. They are very bright!! I think as much as I'll use it, it'll work just fine for me.Btw, that's a beer holder in the back! lol I have my cue case with stick in my closet. Probably has an inch of dust on it. lol