• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advisory

38 posts in this topic

A quick search of average snowfall shows Syracuse NY tops the chart with 115.6 " annually!

I lived in Grand Rapids Mi for a couple of years and I thought they would be near that amount, it seemed like the sun disappeared for months at a time! They "only" get 73.4 ".

One year, when my mother was ill, I took my wife to Michigan. It was in February and the temp was 0 with a wind chill of -30! Being a native Californian she vowed to never, ever return to the Great Lake state! I tried to convince her that spring time is beautiful in Michigan but she says yeah "so is Santa Barbara".

I gotta get back up there this year, haven't seen some of those folks in almost 20 years. That will have to wait until the thaw.

Today, I'm off to Pebble Beach for the Pro Am Golf tournament! :baiting:

Having grown up and lived outside of Boston for over 3 deacdes, I will agree people can't drive on nice day, but add snow and you would think everyone was a Rhode Island driver....it's awful! lol

Red Lodge, MT 145.2 (my folks place)

Cooke City, MT 200.7

Over 16 feet? That's a lot of snow!

The search I did that showed Syracuse NY as the top Average annually was for cities with 50,000 +

in population.

Is that Cooke City total the yearly average or this years total?

Cooke City, MT 200.7

The search I did that showed Syracuse NY as the top Average annually was for cities with 50,000 +

in population.

It's the yearly average in Cooke City. It's WAY up in the mountains, in fact the road closes once you get there in the winter and you can't go any further until spring.

Here is a picture of the road when they open it in the spring. You can google beartooth pass snow and find many more pictures.

linky

It snowed at my folks house this last Memorial Day. It's definately different there.

Cooke City, MT 200.7

in population.

Well Cooke City can take the title, they just need 48,860 people to move there.