• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1922 weak d ms62 rd

25 posts in this topic

very good, have seen them go for $1000 + a ms 64 reciently sold for around $5000

wheat

If that's correct, instead of "very good", I'd say very bad - for the seller.

Well, I was honestly stumped. I tried looking at the price guides & grey sheet, and all I could find was either the "D" or "no d". Nothing about the weak D. I told him I was taking a risk cuz I didn't know. He said $200 was more than the last dealer offered. It's in an old NGC slab. Ill upload some pics when I get home after the show

Well, I was honestly stumped. I tried looking at the price guides & grey sheet, and all I could find was either the "D" or "no d". Nothing about the weak D. I told him I was taking a risk cuz I didn't know. He said $200 was more than the last dealer offered. It's in an old NGC slab. Ill upload some pics when I get home after the show

Did you try the Heritage Auction Archives?

I know I am going to get ragged on about these pics, but I took them with my phone, and my table neighbor at the show was gracious enough to lend me his hot spot. There is a crack in the holder, which I think might have let some air in...which has me concerned about the color. So, I am going to send it in for a regrade for a better holder and secure the color designation.

What do you guys think? Will it stay Red?

22a_zps8f725d8f.jpg22b_zpsb7158946.jpg

Do to the direction of my lamp light, that "D" really stands out in the pic. In Hand, you really have to concentrate to spot that sucker. Blends right in with the coin. All those hairline are from the beat up holder.

Don't crack that out yet - it is a strong reverse, so NGC may have made a mistake

Do a search and find the different reverse dies eligible for weak D

Don't crack that out yet - it is a strong reverse, so NGC may have made a mistake

Do a search and find the different reverse dies eligible for weak D

If it is misattributed it should be cracked out. Especially if he is going to be dealing.

I am not saying it is as I have no idea. I am sure someone here is an expert.

Come to think of it if it is you would have to wonder if the seller knew so he let it go for 2....

That would be just my luck. I'm shipping it out to NGC first thing in the morning.

Come to think of it if it is you would have to wonder if the seller knew so he let it go for 2....

That would be just my luck. I'm shipping it out to NGC first thing in the morning.

If it is misattributed would this be covered under any protection I wonder?

Good luck. I have a feeling it will all work out.

If it is misattributed would this be covered under any protection I wonder?

Good luck. I have a feeling it will all work out.

NGC does not guarantee varieties.

how solid is the RED?

and is it an attractive 62?

PCGS has them at $1200 in their price guide

so $800 retail is probably close

The price you quoted was for the 1922 No D, Weak reverse; isn't this different from the 1922 Weak D?

A BN in MS62 recently sold for well over a thousand and a RD sold for $2760 in 09 (both Stacks).

Who graded the coin?

That price was for the "No D" Weak Reverse, not the "Weak D" coin. This coin is a "Weak D" and is worth less than the auction record listed above.