• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another winner!!! Grades just posted!

15 posts in this topic

Grades just posted..... This coins POP is off the charts... Cant tell you how many people told me at the MSNS show that they would have to pass on the coin because its AT, many of which had monsters in their showcase.... cant wait to go back and show them in April how pretty she looks in her MS64 holder :insane::banana::applause::whee::headbang:

121103_0004-1_zps85dd3ca7-1_zps3133ac65.jpg

Though it may certainly look AT at first glance, it very clearly falls perfectly in Sunnywood's Color Progression for toned coins.

I would classify this piece as a: JKMPQRSTUVW all tones clearly identified and distinct. Nice coin.

It would have to be a 64* if NGC graded it so I assume it's PCGS???

That was the nicest of the bunch and I told you the day you showed it to me it was legit...never a question in my mind. Now all you need to do is consign them to me and I will make you some big bucks :acclaim:

:baiting:

Thanks everybody!!!! The coin is 100% NT and I never had doubt, just felt it funny that dealers must have them graded to purchase them..... Not many Andy Kimmels in the crowd anymore I suppose? I sent the coins off to PCGS. Bought a group of ten for $500. Sold 5 for well over that at the MSNS and kept the best 5 for grading. Here is another one that graded either MS64+ or MS65.... two 1879S were sent in so I will have to wait and see which grade this one fetched. I would guess MS64+, but it is my favorite in the bunch and my cell phone pics do not show the PL mirrors that make this coin so tasty.... If I do consign with Shane (possibility) this is one I wont be sending.... this is going into the forever box =)

121103_0005.jpg

.. cant wait to go back and show them in April how pretty she looks in her MS64 holder

I dunno...I think it looks prettier outside the holder. :cloud9:

jom