• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC and PCGS morgan dollar collection 27 different dates!

21 posts in this topic

looking to see if anyone is interested in my morgan dollar collection. while it is not high grade it does have a nice mix of coins, mostly MS64 and a mix of white and toned. The listing in the collectors society registry can be seen here: http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=116548&Ranking=all

the numismedia value for the set currently is at $2,786.10 I am not into these as much as i used to be and am looking to fund some other purchases. Let me know if interested! i can provide pics, but it might not be feasable to provide pics of all. paypal is preferred payment, can also accept MO if references provided, shipping insured via usps, i am unsure how much all of it would cost to ship but i will put for $20 and i cover the rest. Thanks for your time

zach

I sugest reading the forum selling guidelines.

i was thinking i needed to provide a pic, is that what you are meaning?

Pics would be nice but, particularly rule #5 and #6.

I sugest reading the forum selling guidelines.

i was thinking i needed to provide a pic, is that what you are meaning?

Pics would be nice but, particularly rule #5 and #6.

fixed :)

It should cost you about $25 or so to ship registered in a medium flat rate box insured for $3K. Wrap each coin in newspaper so the slabs don't have any contact with each other. Also registered doesn't get subject to the same abuse as other mail sometimes does.

Good luck.

We would bid on the group sight-seen. Are you able to mail them to us? We would cover any necessary return shipping.

i would be a little hesitant to just send it without payment, i know you have been on the forum for awhile,a nd i am pretrty sure i could trust you, but still kinda freaks me out. i can take opics of the coins that are not white and then just assume the rest are white? i think that would be easiest

We would bid on the group sight-seen. Are you able to mail them to us? We would cover any necessary return shipping.

i would be a little hesitant to just send it without payment, i know you have been on the forum for awhile,a nd i am pretrty sure i could trust you, but still kinda freaks me out. i can take opics of the coins that are not white and then just assume the rest are white? i think that would be easiest

You realize James works for Scotsman right? When he says "we" he means his company. It's your call, but I would feel 100% safe sending the lot to Scotsman for James to review before making an offer. Here is their website: Link.

Regardless of where he works (and yes Scottsman is obviously a reputable and large numismatic firm), I would not hesitate to trust James even when he was an independent dealer. He is top notch. In fair disclosure, my dealings have been from the buying side. He is one of the few people that (1) I would trust with a personal check and (2) whose descriptions I would use to buy a coin sight unseen. Although this applies to the "buying end" it still involves an element of trust, and I see no reason why selling would be any different.

It's obviously your call, but I just thought I would throw this out to offer some aide in your decision.

here are some pics, 78-s is blast white, most of the 27 look like this. next one is 91-p and an 86-p with a darker type toning that is representative of the toned ones i have

134056.jpg.fe891f734d9b7ecba9404c321c3628a5.jpg

134057.jpg.d0ad05d598cd8390a4d3bf7ca4b22665.jpg

134058.jpg.a5c9ab9718a81cf40b8305385b267b25.jpg

134059.jpg.ba3e3cd59a8b6f5cc9c1f73adf37626e.jpg

134060.jpg.ea3558fe8f3e3eb39692686287e621a7.jpg

My thanks for the kind words above! I should have been more specific, as Yes, by "we" I mean Scotsman. There are of course numerous members on the boards that I would and have entrusted with transactions, and it's fantastic to be part of such a great family!

Your images help a little, but still-pictures, as great as they can be, do not capture the nuances that lead to a coin's grade and often the eye-appeal. I don't want to spam the boards and will send you a PM momentarily.