• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp 1881 S Morgan ....a spontaneous weekend buy

69 posts in this topic

Grip are you happy with yours or felt the seller juiced the pics?

No,I'm very happy with it.I think the small difference is the lighting,not juicing.

Grip are you happy with yours or felt the seller juiced the pics?

No,I'm very happy with it.I think the small difference is the lighting,not juicing.

I'm hoping that's the case with this one. If it's just a lighting issue, then it should look as good in hand under the right conditions.

Can you post a pic of how you see it in hand? By the way, I like the one you bought as well. Good taste.

Well thanks. Ill eventually get around to making my own thread :D

I think the OP gave you a pretty fair hint...... hm

well I don't agree with his assessment as my posts were merely an informative post that light Patel colors may not WOW you in pictures but they do look very nice in person. The coin I posted is not anywhere near my best (as you know) but I still like the coin very much because of the "look" it provides. Wasn't trying to show off or anything.

Take a look back and pretty much every thread you post to its to show off a coin you used to own. How about starting a museum thread to show off all the coins you sold over the years and let the Op have his moment in the spotlight?

That's all you do on coin forums until you get kicked off...you show off the coins mommy and daddy let you buy so when someone starts a thread to show off a coin they just bought...they aren't looking for you to one up them with a higher grade coin. Especially since you probably don't still own 95% of what your posting.... (tsk)

Take a look back and pretty much every thread you post to its to show off a coin you used to own. How about starting a museum thread to show off all the coins you sold over the years and let the Op have his moment in the spotlight?

i see someone is still butthurt. Care to come up with any more dumb insults? And yes i actually do have most of my coins and they werent bought by anyone other than me, so i dont even know why you brought that up? You shouldnt even be talking, all the coins in your posession are on consignment. quit crapping this guys thread. If you have a problem with me then PM me about it.

As for the OP, I apologize if you think I was trying to show off. Was just trying to reassure you that regardless of color light pastel coins are very attractive.

While it can be annoying there are several members who do this in one way or another. I have accepted it is a part of forum life and just enjoy all the coins that are posted.

That's all you do on coin forums until you get kicked off...you show off the coins mommy and daddy let you buy so when someone starts a thread to show off a coin they just bought...they aren't looking for you to one up them with a higher grade coin. Especially since you probably don't still own 95% of what your posting.... (tsk)

i see someone is still butthurt. Care to come up with any more dumb insults? And yes i actually do have most of my coins and they werent bought by anyone other than me, so i dont even know why you brought that up? You shouldnt even be talking, all the coins in your posession are on consignment. quit crapping this guys thread. If you have a problem with me then PM me about it.

As for the OP, I apologize if you think I was trying to show off. Was just trying to reassure you that regardless of color light pastel coins are very attractive.

The truth isn't an insult unless your embarrassed about the truth? Your parents have funded most of your purchases in the past, you do like to buy coins, show them off and then sell them so you can buy a new coin and toot your own horn yet again, and yes most of what you have posted...by your own admission doesn't belong to you any more. Finally, you have been kicked off of numerous coin forums so what did I make up?

:applause:

ON TOPIC: OP, Great coin!!! If you havent owned an 81S toner before I think your in for a pleasant surprise... 81S luster just does something for a colorful coin!

The truth isn't an insult unless your embarrassed about the truth? Your parents have funded most of your purchases in the past, you do like to buy coins, show them off and then sell them so you can buy a new coin and toot your own horn yet again, and yes most of what you have posted...by your own admission doesn't belong to you any more. Finally, you have been kicked off of numerous coin forums so what did I make up?

lol you know nothing about me so I don't know where your coming up with the idea that my parents purchased coins for me. And no I don't buy and then sell the coins I own.. I've sold two major coins in my collection in the last few years. I've never admitted to anything lol so your not making any sense sadly. I don't have to prove anything to you. And I was kicked off one forum for a stupid reason. But like I said I'm not going to clutter up his thread with useless posts.

I have sold you coins that you in turn sold them (Franklin halves/Morgans) and there are several threads where you posted you owned the coins at one time...probably a dozen coins if not more and now you don't. If you didn't sell them then how did the Morgans and bust halves get into other collections??? If anyone wants to go over to PCGS and bring up the threads about your BST threads that would be further proof that you indeed do sell coins. How about the coins you sold on Ebay...?

....see you know that I know you and I know how you behave on the forums and I know about a lot of your shady dealings and coins lost in the mail etc.....don't try to act like your not who I described as everything I posted is true. The folks here know me and I know I don't start stuff with someone if it's not warranted......the truth hurts.

I have sold you coins that you in turn sold them (Franklin halves/Morgans) and there are several threads where you posted you owned the coins at one time...probably a dozen coins if not more and now you don't. If you didn't sell them then how did the Morgans and bust halves get into other collections??? If anyone wants to go over to PCGS and bring up the threads about your BST threads that would be further proof that you indeed do sell coins. How about the coins you sold on Ebay...?

....see you know that I know you and I know how you behave on the forums and I know about a lot of your shady dealings and coins lost in the mail etc.....don't try to act like your not who I described as everything I posted is true. The folks here know me and I know I don't start stuff with someone if it's not warranted......the truth hurts.

most of the coins you are referring to I've flipped to friends of mine. Like I've said I've sold only two main coins out of my collection that meant anything to me. And if you check the BST thread the coins haven't sold because I'm not in a hurry to sell them unless I get what I want for them which is the not for sale price. And shady dealings? I've never done any shady dealings with anyone anywhere. The only problem I had was with that insufficiently_thoughtful_person indiananationals who underinsured my coin for a measly $200 when I paid multiples of that. Luckily I received the coin in the mail two months after it was missing. You don't know me so quit acting like you do.

:applause:

ON TOPIC: OP, Great coin!!! If you havent owned an 81S toner before I think your in for a pleasant surprise... 81S luster just does something for a colorful coin!

Nice looking '81-S, BLive! :applause:

Thanks guys!

I haven't, so I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

blive, looked at your reg sets for franks and morgans.......looks like your having lots of fun but your buying some nice eye appealing coins as you start! Thats great, many collectors go through evolutions were they buy everything in sight and then start buying certain grades, etc.....we make mistakes along the way and all. Looks like your on a good start and have thought things over!

blive, looked at your reg sets for franks and morgans.......looks like your having lots of fun but your buying some nice eye appealing coins as you start! Thats great, many collectors go through evolutions were they buy everything in sight and then start buying certain grades, etc.....we make mistakes along the way and all. Looks like your on a good start and have thought things over!

Thanks. I've made some mistakes and tried to fix them by being a little bit more selective. I've lost a few $ in the process, but at least I don't have them lingering in my collection anymore. I've over spent on a few IMO, but they're what I like and the types that appeal to me. Granted, some are graded a lower graded compared to some sets, but I think it's a pretty good start. I just want to be cautious about buying too many "premium" coins until I'm good enough to trust myself with grading :)

So, I've decided to confront the seller before I even get the coin. I basically confronted him with the fact that some folks had advised me that the pictures can be color enhanced, and I wanted to know his personal opinion about the coin. Here's the response.

Dear blive1972,

Hi Brian, I always take several photos of my coins before listing and try to use those that better represent the coin in hand. I use natural light bulbs to avoid color distortion. All those precautions just to avoid customers to feel unhappy when they receive the coin. Furthermore, if you have any doubts about the appearance of any of my coins, just send me an email asking for the coin you like and I will be more than happy to complement my description and give you my opinion. This coin you bought belongs to a consignor and I believe the colors on the photos are what you will receive, I also remember that the dramatic luster enhances the beauty of this coin, so I hope you have the same opinion, but if you don't you can return it for refund without any questions.

Believe me, I just want you as a repeated customer, and want you to be happy with your purchase.

Seems like an honest response to me. I really appreciate you all for informing me to be weary of possible doctored pics. Another valuable lesson that I've learned since I've joined. You all are great.

BLive1972

When I get the camera set up again,I will post/or send you my picture of the coin.85-0 morgan.The one I have is the sellers.

Ok, thanks. I'm curious.

Why would you "confront" the seller before you even had the coin in-hand? Wait until you receive the coin and can examine it yourself to determine how accurate the images might be.

I dont think you will think the coin is misrepresented per se. Let me rephrase what I was saying abou the pics. The style of photograhy is less realistic than that employed by others. And it is done by way of editing the picture, rather than the settings on the camera. Tru views are an example of this. I am not saying the photos are being used to deceive, I just dont prefer that type of picture from a photographic point of view, at least not alone without more natural shots. They turn into more of a caricature type of picture.

Even if it was prior to getting it, I still got the Q out of the way. I suppose I was consumed by the thought of possibly being suckered into a coin with a color enhanced photo. Perhaps I should have waited (shrug)

If a picture is edited afterwards to make it more appealing, that's not a good business practice in my opinion. I'd rather take a picture with my sony 10x under a few goose neck lamps than try to sell something that I've edited.

I'm sure I'll be pleased with it. I think the colors won't be as vivid unless the lighting conditions are good. I have a similar pale pastel 1883 O and I have a feeling it'll be closer to that.

Well, turns out it's ok, and just ok. The colors are nice, but nowhere nearly as vivid. When I buy, I feel as though I need to love it and not settle and grow to love it. I'll post a pic when I get back from work, but looks like I'm returning it :/

Well, turns out it's ok, and just ok. The colors are nice, but nowhere nearly as vivid. When I buy, I feel as though I need to love it and not settle and grow to love it. I'll post a pic when I get back from work, but looks like I'm returning it :/

Make sure you look at it in a few different lighting conditions first. Reveal bulbs and PL tube lights are the best for color IMO. Indirect sun is also good. Just check the coin in multiple settings then decide, though I wouldnt be surprised by the results with that photo technique.