• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp 1881 S Morgan ....a spontaneous weekend buy

69 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong. It's still a nice Morgan, but I'm thinking a little expensive for the amt of color it displays in hand. I'm thinking that I shouldn't have to bring it outside in order to see it properly. I paid a lot less for my 1883 O and the colors are similar.

Boy, this tread takes the cake for the number of different faux paux's. Since post 1 I figured this coin was going back.

MJ

Hey, if you don't like a coin and the seller accepts returns, no reason not to send it back. You got to view a nice coin for the price of shipping, and learned something about interpreting photos. I'd say that's a decent lesson learned for $7.

I'd have to see the coin in hand to form an opinion myself, but I don't see anything wrong with the coin. It may not be quite as vivid as the pictures, but you eventually learn to interpret different sellers and their styles. For example, I can predict with a pretty good degree of accuracy what a coin will look like based on Bob, Shane, MessyDesk, GreatToning, and a few other sellers different styles of pictures. I can even do a pretty good job of interpreting Heritage photos, one of the most difficult of the major auction houses. It just takes practice.

Hey, if you don't like a coin and the seller accepts returns, no reason not to send it back. You got to view a nice coin for the price of shipping, and learned something about interpreting photos. I'd say that's a decent lesson learned for $7.

I'd have to see the coin in hand to form an opinion myself, but I don't see anything wrong with the coin. It may not be quite as vivid as the pictures, but you eventually learn to interpret different sellers and their styles. For example, I can predict with a pretty good degree of accuracy what a coin will look like based on Bob, Shane, MessyDesk, GreatToning, and a few other sellers different styles of pictures. I can even do a pretty good job of interpreting Heritage photos, one of the most difficult of the major auction houses. It just takes practice.

I agree....I sell a lot of coins and I hate returns but it's a part of business and we all have stated return policies for a reason and I don't hold it against a buyer if they just don't love a coin in hand.

BLive, The sellers images look accurate to me and yours need some improvements (shrug) . I think you have a stunning coin there and don't know why you would send it back. I don't collect Morgan's so I confess that don't know the premiums for toning and what is expected, but again, based on the sellers images, a very pretty coin. If you are you sending it back is it because you feel you overpaid or because you don't think it is stunning enough? This toning premium thing seems to be tricky.......

Best, HT

It is tricky.

Don't get me wrong, the coin was nice, but for the price I paid, I can find an MS66 that I like better. Granted, my pics weren't good, but they weren't posted for anyone to grade. In hand, I just didn't like as much.