• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here win this 1924-S Peace Dollar?

18 posts in this topic

If you were underbidder, you can find winner on eBay by doing a search by bidder of yourself on completed auctions.

Once you find bidder, you may know them already since they buy the same stuff you like - or see if the sell at all, and if they do, you can ask a question directly on any of their live auctions.

Got any ideas on obverse strip? tape or tab toned ?

the seller has many closed auctions of 'non-typical' IKES, so I would wonder if they are assisting in color by art toning them or getting from someone who does.

that would possibly explain to me why the reverse on the PEACE does not seem to match the obverse in colors/sources I am familiar with of the coin you were underbidder on.

I did notice the Ikes of color, but the toning on this 1924-S looks natural, if not strange. I will see if I can find the buyer using your method.

Physics3.14, I know social etiquette isn't your thing, but what you did say is just as unproductive as actually saying something bad.

I won't try to make a call on NT vs AT but will say the obverse doesn't do it for me. I can see why someone might like it. Just not my cup of tea.

I did notice the Ikes of color, but the toning on this 1924-S looks natural, if not strange. I will see if I can find the buyer using your method.

You'll remember I posted images of my set awhile back. Scroll down through my set and look at the 1923-S, 1924-S (!), and especially my 1926. This latter coin was taped into an ancient old Whitman album when I bought it.

Jersey - you should have bid higher...I would have. Its really tough to find 24-S with any type of toning (if your intention is to do a complete date/mint-mark set of toned Peace $).

I think its AU (and NT) but its still a rare date with color.