• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp Flying Eagle Cent for my type set

14 posts in this topic

There were only a few coins I needed for my US type set, and the flying eagle cent was one of them. While it is an easy coin to find any practically any grade, I did not want an ordinary example. I wanted one with at least some nice color and a full strike.

There was an example in a Heritage sale a last year with beautiful irredescent toning, but it surpased my budget. So browsing the examples in the FUN sale, I came across this NGC/CAC example with nice highlights of color. I threw in a bid, and it was enough to win the piece at a fraction of what other examples had sold for.

I'm very pleased with this example, and as stated above, it is CAC approved. Feel free to guess the grade!

16hym9.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ankur

There was one in a Heritage sale last year with beautiful prooflike surfaces, but it also quickly surpassed my budget. I can feel your pain.

That looks like a nice coin, congrats on filling that spot.

...I threw in a bid, and it was enough to win the piece at a fraction of what other examples had sold for.

I think you meant a fraction of what SOME other examples had sold for. That one word does make a big difference. ;)

Still, that looks like a nice one - I think I bid on it.