• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your PL gold

24 posts in this topic

How much of a premium do they command? I think a good idea is looking for PL coins before NGC started the designation.

Premiums are all over the place. For mine, I didn't pay that much of a premium. Less common types, or more in-demand dates, will command more of a premium. They range from a couple of hundred dollars more than usual (such as mine), to 2 or 3x the regular price.

I wonder if their is such thing as a PL $5 or $10 indian

No. And there is only one St. Gaudens PL, although I've seen some that were really close.

Physics, can you pm me some sites that have PL gold?

Also any pics of the PL sainty?

Here is the NGC article about it: http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=494

As for sites with PL gold - I usually shop on Bowers and Marena, or Heritage. Each major auction usually has a smattering. There is a pretty good selection in the FUN auction coming up this week.

Thank you!

This 1903 McKinley gold dollar is also a P-L, although it is not marked as such, and looks a lot like the real Proof McKinley gold dollars of this type.

1903McKinleyO.jpg1903McKinleyR.jpg

Bill, you have such a fantastic collection. Have you ever considered getting it professionally photographed? It is really hard to see the PL qualities of your coins, although they appear to be fantastic.

Nice stuff! I wish there were better pictures of that Saint. I'm having a hard time finding the traces of strike weakness the article mentions. It looks quite hammered.

Bill, you have such a fantastic collection. Have you ever considered getting it professionally photographed? It is really hard to see the PL qualities of your coins, although they appear to be fantastic.

The 1903 McKinley gold dollar is only an MS-64. It seems like it's hardly worth it.

The biggest trouble with CAC and getting things photographed is transportation. Sending stuff buy mail is expensive and sometimes risky. I'll let the auction houses worry about it when the time comes.