• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capital Plastics Boxes...

23 posts in this topic

Anyone know any sources where these types of boxes can be purchased ? Many of the used capital plastic holders on Ebay that are either older custom mades or out of production do not have boxes included with the auctions.

I sent two emails to Capital but no response and I have looked at several box manufacturing websites but no one seems to stock the unusual sizes needed for their holders...

(and Im not a big fan of the flannel pouches)

Anyone every find a company that sells boxes that can be used with the all different sized Capital holders ?

Thanks....

I use a lot of Capital holders but have no idea were to even start looking. I've carefully kept all my boxes.

You might be the only one...

I went to Air-Tite and they have a box that will work for the small War Nickels and 41-45 Merc holders...

The impossible quest is to find a thin box that will fit their 14x8, 10x8 and 8x6 holders... most boxes that big are 2+ inches thick...

You have tried their website

and email: collector@capitalplastics.com

JACO - Capital Plastics website

The smaller holders come in bags, and not boxes

I would think you should be able to order $50 worth of stuff to get boxes

otherwise you could try making some of your own

you also can occasionally find old dealer stock stuff in auctions of something in a box

You might try an easy fold mailer You can get 14 X 8 X 1/2, 10 X 8 X 5/8, they don't have 8 X 6

http://www.uline.com/BL_1302/Easy-Fold-White-Mailers

Found a company that has 8 1/2 X 6 X1/2 They can also do the 10 X 8 but not the 14 X 8

http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=1168&SubGroupID=1169&origin=product_ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign=product_ads#1169

They aren't as pretty as the Capital Plastic boxes, but they should work.

You can make your own boxes with card stock, scissors/paper cutter, tape

depending on heavyness of paper, may need to double thick

or possibly have a local printer make them for you

If you have paper that can go through a printer, you can put any design or name of your collection on cover.

example of heavy card stock

You might try an easy fold mailer You can get 14 X 8 X 1/2, 10 X 8 X 5/8, they don't have 8 X 6

http://www.uline.com/BL_1302/Easy-Fold-White-Mailers

Found a company that has 8 1/2 X 6 X1/2 They can also do the 10 X 8 but not the 14 X 8

http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=1168&SubGroupID=1169&origin=product_ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign=product_ads#1169

They aren't as pretty as the Capital Plastic boxes, but they should work.

Thank you very much. I missed those. I like the Papermart boxes... just got to find a 14x8 one now.

You can make your own boxes with card stock, scissors/paper cutter, tape

depending on heavyness of paper, may need to double thick

or possibly have a local printer make them for you

If you have paper that can go through a printer, you can put any design or name of your collection on cover.

example of heavy card stock

Handmade cardboard boxes... hmmm might try that for the 14x8 size. Thank you for the suggestion.

I use a lot of Capital holders but have no idea were to even start looking. I've carefully kept all my boxes.

You might be the only one...

Nope, he's not :) ! I jealously keep all my boxes as well, and as mentioned, it can be REALLY difficult to locate nice CPs with their original boxes intact.

Yep... its always about the "box!" lol...

Well I asked Captial but they wouldnt tell me who their former supplier was...

So I took Condors advice and actually found a local box store that sold the boxes he linked to so I wouldnt have to buy a carton of them...

Hey there might be a secondary Capital box market out there !

Put the cardboard boxes together today (glued them actually). They worked out nicely. Not perfect but satisfactory. And I even cut and glued together two tie boxes that worked perfectly for the 14x8 size I needed....

An Exacto knife, rubber cement and some velcro and it all came together...

Just had a conversation with a local Mid Michigan coin dealer. Seems he has a stack (don't know how many that is) of CP boxes. Hmmm, I'll try to get sizes and quantities if anyone is interested.