• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great NGC Coins

24 posts in this topic

Due to the fallacy of the Kool-Aid drinkers; I wanted to start a thread about NGC coins that you own and enjoy and are proud, b/c they are PQ & FIRST RATE! Please show them off.

Here are just a couple of mine!

1917so64me_zpsb957129d.jpg

1917so64mer_zps2d7766a5.jpg

1927sngc640110ra-3.jpg

1927sngc640110a-1.jpg

Due to the fallacy of the Kool-Aid drinkers; I wanted to start a thread about NGC coins that you own and enjoy and are proud, b/c they are PQ & FIRST RATE! Please show them off.

Here are just a couple of mine!

1917so64me_zpsb957129d.jpg

1917so64mer_zps2d7766a5.jpg

1927sngc640110ra-3.jpg

1927sngc640110a-1.jpg

Can you post the grade? This way we can determine how pq it is.

I just back from local coin show, where I saw 1903 $2.5 in PCGS MS63. The guy wanted $675 for it, and was calling that - a bargain before X-mas. I refuse to pay that kind of money when I checked that last one on eBay in NGC MS63 sold for $570 shipped. But which coin would you buy?

Here is my NGC coin which I'm proud of:

1906S20DNGCMS63Big.jpg

I already posted these coins individually on separate threads and they were discussed in-depth. They are both near gems. Besides, this is not really the point of this thread.

I already posted these coins individually on separate threads and they were discussed in-depth. They are both near gems. Besides, this is not really the point of this thread.

Sorry I thought the point was to post coins which are pq and first rate for the grade assigned.

Some of us did not see the previous threads perhaps you can provide a link?

Also very nice coin.

Jim

Are there any stats as to what percentage of NGC vs. PCGS coins receive a green and/or gold bean sticker from CAC?

I know its not a scientific way to asses this issue but I am curious...

Are there any stats as to what percentage of NGC vs. PCGS coins receive a green and/or gold bean sticker from CAC?

The problem is that MANY of the NICE coins that were in NGC slabs first are then cracked out and crossed over by the Kool-aid zombies giving the false impression that PCGS has nicer coins with higher pop #s, when that should NOT be the case.

The only company/person with the data relevant to answer this question is CAC. They (according to other posts I have seen) keep a complete history of the certification numbers of submitted coins, and the status of fail (no bean), pass (green bean), or undergrade (gold bean).

Unfortunately, even with that database, there are far too many mitigating factors that make it impossible to answer the question you are asking.