• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Been away a while and some newps

15 posts in this topic

Hi all. I've been a way for a while and hope everyone on the board is doing well. Some work issues, health issue and planning a wedding has been taking up almost all my free time. Things are finally starting to calm down so I'm getting back to coins :grin:

I live in NJ and fortunately weathered hurricane Sandy with minimal problems. I hope everyone else here in the affected area made it through okay.

Now on to some new purchases:

I managed to make it down to the ANA show in Philly and picked up this token I've been hunting for a while. Ranked number 63 in the "100 Greatest American Medals and Tokens" book. NGC MS 62 in whilte metal. Surprised it didn't get the PL designation or a star. Much flashier in hand. Thanks to Mike at NE Rarites for this one.

LevickSmokerobv.jpg

LevickSmokerrev.jpg

And a couple of Internet purchases for my classic commem type set:

Both PCGS MS 66

oregonobv.jpg

oregonrev.jpg

yorkobv.jpg

yorkrev.jpg

That is one georgeous Oregon.... Way to go! The only problem is I just picked up the one below which I was feeling pretty good about as it is an upgrade from what I had before (raw).... Now I think I am lusting after yours... :ohnoez:

131723.jpg.f2328f7755c98a6dd85bfaf9aae5934a.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments on my newps. Finding nicely toned commems in the 65-66 range that are not ridiculously priced is a hard task indeed. Maybe that's why I've been actively working on the 50 piece type set for over a year and have only picked up 9 coins so far.

To illustrate my point I saw a beautifully toned BTW in 66 at the ANA show in Philly this year. It was a common date and should have retailed for around $150. I was willing to go double the retail value and pay $300. The seller told me he had a lot of interest in the coin but would cut me a "deal" at $750. I told him no thanks and moved on.

WOW WOW BOTH COMMEMS ARE KILLER COLORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the token should be at least star * and PL and maybe even DPL

AMAZING one of the best i have ever seen

That is one georgeous Oregon.... Way to go! The only problem is I just picked up the one below which I was feeling pretty good about as it is an upgrade from what I had before (raw).... Now I think I am lusting after yours... :ohnoez:

(thumbs u